Starting VA Benefits Checklist

This checklist is a step-by-step guide to assist veterans who wish to begin using their VA benefits as students at Seminole State College.

  • Apply to the Department of Veteran Affairs for your educational benefits.
    • A premium eBenefits account must first be created.
  • Apply for Admission to Seminole State College.
  • Meet with Academic Advsior.
  • Register for degree-seeking classes.
  • Collect required forms and documents (Certificate of Eligibilty (C.O.E.), DD-214 (member 4 copy), Transient Form/Letter, etc.) .
  • Visit Veterans AffairsOffice on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus to:
  • Defer your tuition and fees via your MySeminoleState account.
  • Get your student ID.
  • Get a parking pass from the Cashier's Office at any Seminole State campus.
  • Get your books and go to class.


Veterans Office
Fax: 407.708.2564
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus:  Student Center (SC), Room 202 - 2nd Floor