Starting VA Benefits Checklist
This checklist is a step-by-step guide to assist veterans who wish to begin using their VA benefits as students at Seminole State College.
- Apply for or update the school information on the Department of Veterans Affairs website to use your educational benefits at Seminole State College.
- Apply for Admission to Seminole State College.
- Meet with Academic Advisor.
- Register for degree-seeking classes.
- Collect required forms and documents (COE, DD-214: member 4 copy, Transient Form/Parent Letter, etc.) .
- Contact the Veterans Affairs Office on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus to:
- Certify Enrollment.
- Request a VA Tuition Deferment.
- Defer your tuition and fees via your MySeminoleState account.
- Get your student ID.
- Get a parking pass from the Cashier's Office at any Seminole State campus.
- Get your books and go to class.