Starting VA Benefits Checklist
This checklist is a step-by-step guide to assist veterans who wish to begin using their VA benefits as students at Seminole State College.
- Apply to the Department of Veteran Affairs for your educational benefits.
- A premium eBenefits account must first be created.
- Apply for Admission to Seminole State College.
- Meet with Academic Advsior.
- Register for degree-seeking classes.
- Collect required forms and documents (Certificate of Eligibilty (C.O.E.), DD-214 (member 4 copy), Transient Form/Letter, etc.) .
- Visit Veterans Affairs Office on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus to:
- Certify Enrollment.
- Request a VA Tuition Deferment.
- Defer your tuition and fees via your MySeminoleState account.
- Get your student ID.
- Get a parking pass from the Cashier's Office at any Seminole State campus.
- Get your books and go to class.