Using Your Benefits at Seminole State
This checklist is a step-by-step guide to assist veterans who wish to begin using their VA benefits as students at Seminole State College.
- Apply for or update the school information on the Department of Veterans Affairs website to use your educational benefits at Seminole State College.
- Apply for Admission to Seminole State College.
- Go to fafsa.govand fill out this free federal application for financial aid—this is aid for you in addition to VA educational benefits or TA.
- Fill out FAFSA with Seminole State as your school. The school code for the Seminole State is 001520.
Note: Scholarships and Grants are “free money,” loans are not.
Meet with an Academic Advisor.
- Register for classes-must count towards program.
- Collect required forms and documents (i.e., COE, DD-214: member 4 copy, Transient Form/Parent Letter, etc.) and send to email@example.com.
- Complete a Certification Request Form (CRF).
- Defer your tuition and fees via your MySeminoleState account.
- Get your student ID.
- Obtain a parking pass.
- Buy your books.
- Attend classes.