Digital Cinema and Television Production Associate in Science
Getting Started: Fall 12W Session
June 13: Financial Aid
Sept. 7: Application
Sept. 12: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Affordable tuition: Earn a state university education at about half the cost.
- Small class sizes: With classes of 30 or less, you don’t have to learn in an auditorium.
- Online degree option: Most courses for our A.S. degrees are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
- Seamless transition: Most A.S. graduates earn credits that can be applied to a bachelor's degree at Seminole State or at the University of Central Florida through DirectConnect® to UCF.*
- Job Placement: According to state data, most Seminole State A.S. programs have placement rates above 90 percent.
*A.S. students who are planning to transfer to bachelor's degree programs should meet with a counselor, advisor or specialist to make sure the required courses are taken and the entry requirements are met.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and great value. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$5,666||$5,954|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,950||$11,592||$11,498|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$810||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the current fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on the current academic year for in-state students living on campus. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on cost of attendance information provided by the State University System of Florida. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
College Credit Certificates
Students may complete the following college credit certificates as part of the Digital Cinema and Television Production degree:
- Digital and Interactive Media Design Technical Certificate
- Digital Video Fundamentals Certificate
- Video Editing and Post-Production Certificate
Seminole State College's award-winning Television and Digital Cinema Program prepares students to work in the field of TV and movie production. Students begin creating programming in their first class, and graduates are prepared with a demo reel they can show to prospective employers. Advanced students often produce programming that airs on local cable and public television outlets. All of the classes are hands-on and are taught by professionals who are working in the field.
Graduates of this program may be employed as:
- Camera Operators
- Light and Sound Engineers
For career information related to this program, please visit O*Net OnLine.