Construction Management Associate in Science
Build your dream career while building the future. Growth in the Central Florida area is at an all-time high, and the need for construction managers is a development hard to keep up with. Learn about building science, project management and professional practices as you construct a career in residential or commercial construction. This degree prepares students for state licensing and Seminole State’s B.S. in Construction.
Getting Started: Fall Term 2021
June 14: Financial Aid
Aug. 16: Application
Aug. 23: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Affordable tuition: Earn a state university education at about half the cost.
- Small class sizes: With classes of 30 or less, you don’t have to learn in an auditorium.
- Online degree option: Most courses for our A.S. degrees are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
- Seamless transition: Most A.S. graduates earn credits that can be applied to a bachelor's degree at Seminole State or at the University of Central Florida through DirectConnect™ to UCF.*
- Job Placement: According to state data, most Seminole State A.S. programs have placement rates above 90 percent.
*A.S. students who are planning to transfer to bachelor's degree programs should meet with a counselor, advisor or specialist to make sure the required courses are taken and the entry requirements are met.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and great value. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$6,538||$6,379|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,590||$11,088||$10,300|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$890||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2020-21 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 terms, with 15 credit hours per term for in-state students. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on information provided on each university's website. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Houses, roads, bridges, power plants, schools and hospitals are just some of the essential structures that support daily life. These residential, commercial and industrial projects are led by construction managers who coordinate the many details required to complete them, often while supervising multiple concurrent projects.
Graduates of this program are employed as:
- Assistant Project Managers/Project Engineers
- Field Superintendents
- Home Builders
- Purchasing Agents
For career information related to this program, please visit O*Net OnLine.
Employment in this field is expected to grow by 17 percent (about as fast as average) through 2020 (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics). Construction managers will be needed as the level and variety of construction projects expands. Population and business growth will result in new construction of residential dwellings, office buildings, retail outlets, hospitals, schools, restaurants and other structures.
College Credit Certificates
Students pursuing this degree also may obtain the following college credit certificates:
- Building Construction Technical Certificate
Graduates of this program are qualified to earn the following industry certifications:
- Autodesk Certified Associate - Revit Architecture, (ADESK020)
- Autodesk Certified Professional - Revit Architecture, (ADESK025)
- NCCER Carpentry - Level 1, (NCCER005)
- NCCER Carpentry - Level 2, (NCCER032)
- NCCER Carpentry - Level 3, (NCCER033)
- NCCER Carpentry - Level 4, (NCCER034)
- NCCER Construction Technology, (NCCER008)
- NCCER Electrical - Level 1, (NCCER010)
- NCCER Electrical - Level 2, (NCCER038)
- NCCER Masonry - Level 1, (NCCER025)
- NCCER Plumbing - Level 1, (NCCER026)
- NCCER Plumbing - Level 2, (NCCER069)
- NCCER Plumbing - Level 3, (NCCER070)
- NCCER Plumbing - Level 4, (NCCER071)
- NCCER Project Management, (NCCER027)
- NCCER Roofer - Level 1, (NCCER053)
- NCCER Roofer - Level 2, (NCCER054)
- NCCER Roofer - Level 3, (NCCER055)
- NCCER Roofer - Level 4, (NCCER056)
- NOCTI Building Construction, (NOCTI043)
- NOCTI Carpentry, (NOCTI018)
- NOCTI Home Builders Institute/NAHB, (NOCTI042)
Additional industry certifications may be available for college credit certificate programs.