Accounting Technology Associate in Science
Getting Started: Summer 2023
March 13: Financial Aid
May 1: Application
May 8: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Affordable tuition: Earn a state university education at about half the cost.
- Small class sizes: With classes of 30 or less, you don’t have to learn in an auditorium.
- Online degree option: Most courses for our A.S. degrees are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
- Seamless transition: Most A.S. graduates earn credits that can be applied to a bachelor's degree at Seminole State or at the University of Central Florida through DirectConnect® to UCF.*
- Job Placement: According to state data, most Seminole State A.S. programs have placement rates above 90 percent.
*A.S. students who are planning to transfer to bachelor's degree programs should meet with a counselor, advisor or specialist to make sure the required courses are taken and the entry requirements are met.
- Accounting Technology Website
- Maritza Mendez, M.A.
Career Program Advisor, Advising and Counseling
"I would definitely recommend the [Accounting Technology] program. I saved a lot of money and it helped me go to school affordably. I feel like I got my money’s worth and I use what I learned."
- Geoffrey Pollack, Fall 2015 Graduate
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and great value. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$5,666||$5,954|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,950||$11,592||$11,498|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$810||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the current fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on the current academic year for in-state students living on campus. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on cost of attendance information provided by the State University System of Florida. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Dedicated to ethical practices and sound training, accounting professionals evaluate and maintain the financial health of an organization by creating the reports and schedules that allow companies to assess efficiency, control costs and increase profitability.
For career information related to this program, please visit O*Net OnLine.
Employment in this field is expected to grow by 16 percent (about as fast as average) through 2020 (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics).
College Credit Certificates
Students pursuing this degree also may obtain the following college credit certificates:
- Accounting Applications Technical Certificate
- Accounting Operations Technical Certificate
- Accounting Specialist Technical Certificate
- Financial Operations Certificate
- Financial Operations Specialist Certificate
- Office Specialist Technical Certificate
- Office Support Technical Certificate
The following transfer options are available for A.S. degree in Accounting Technology graduates:
- DirectConnect to UCF: The University of Central Florida’s Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) program.
- Additional options: Graduates also may transfer to the University of South Florida or Daytona State College.
Graduates of this program are qualified to earn the following industry certifications:
- Accredited Business Accountant (ABA)
- Certified Bookkeeper, American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIUPB), AIOPB001
- Enrolled Agent, IRS, INTRS001
- Intuit Quickbooks Certified User, INTUT001
Additional industry certifications may be available for college credit certificate programs.