PERT for First-Time Test Takers
Taking the Placement Test
The Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) is a computer based test, so it is important to practice taking the test electronically. Study materials include the PERT Practice Test and PERT Study Guide . These resources will allow you to assess your abilities and improve your test-taking skills.
The placement test is currently administered by walk-in during normal business hours. Please plan 2.5 to 3 hours to take the full assessment.
PERT takes 2.5 - 3 hours.
Testing must be completed in the same day, unless a seven day extension is needed.
Find out which materials are required and allowed for your test
- There is no testing fee for first-time-in-college (FTIC) students who have not previously taken a computerized placement test or had one reflected on their transcripts.
- Seminole State students who are retaking all or part of the test will be assessed a $10 fee*. (*Price subject to change. Test fee is non-refundable.)
- The Assessment & Testing Department is not currently testing non-students for Placement Testing for other Institutions.
Payment must be received before testing can begin. Contact the Assessment and Testing Center for more information.
- Complete Seminole State's online student orientation
- Schedule an advisement appointment with the Academic Advising and Counseling Department.
- Your advisor will help you interpret your test scores and place you in the appropriate courses.
Examination Day Reminders
- Prior to taking any examination, you will need to present a current, valid and original photo ID with a signature (e.g., passport, driver’s license or state-issued ID card).
- If your photo ID does not include a signature, a second ID is required with your name and signature (e.g., Social Security card, voter registration card, credit card or debit card).
- The PERT is administered on a computer. Paper and pencil will be provided for the math portion so you can work out your answers.