PERT for First-Time Test Takers
Taking the Placement Test
The Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) is a computerized test, so it is important to practice taking the test electronically. Seminole State has created an online practice area that will allow you to assess your abilities and improve your test-taking skills.
Visit Seminole State's PERT practice area.
PERT takes 2.5 - 3 hours.
Testing must be completed in the same day, unless a seven day extension is needed.
Find out which materials are required and allowed for your test
- There is no testing fee for first-time-in-college (FTIC) students who have not previously taken a computerized placement test or had one reflected on their transcripts.
- Seminole State students who are retaking all or part of the test will be assessed a $10 fee.
- The Assessment & Testing Department is not currently testing non-students for Placement Testing for other Institutions.
Payment must be received before testing can begin. Contact the Assessment and Testing Center for more information.
- Complete Seminole State's online student orientation
- Schedule an advisement appointment with the Academic Advising and Counseling Department.
- Your advisor will help you interpret your test scores and place you in the appropriate courses.
Examination Day Reminders
- Prior to taking any examination, you will need to present a current, valid and original photo ID with a signature (e.g., passport, driver’s license or state-issued ID card).
- If your photo ID does not include a signature, a second ID is required with your name and signature (e.g., Social Security card, voter registration card, credit card or debit card).
- The PERT is administered on a computer. Paper and pencil will be provided for the math portion so you can work out your answers.