Endowed Teaching Chair and Faculty Excellence Awards
Endowed Teaching Chair Awards are granted to Seminole State College faculty to acknowledge the invaluable contributions they make to Seminole State as outstanding educators. Applicants are nominated by their fellow faculty and staff members. A committee comprised of Seminole State faculty and staff gathers and reviews a wide array of information about each nominee. Classroom visits to observe teaching style are also conducted. A committee of members from the Foundation Board of Directors reviews the nominations forwarded to them by the Seminole State Screening Committee and interviews the finalists. Honorees receive a cash award.
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Endowed Teaching Chair Awards process, please visit our FAQ page.
Endowed Teaching Chair Nominations
The nomination period for Endowed Teaching Chairs takes place each fall, usually in October. An email announcement is sent to all faculty and staff when the nomination period opens, and notifications are also posted on the website. The deadline to nominate an Endowed Teaching Chair will also be noted in all announcements.
To be eligible for nomination, an individual must:
- Have taught as a full-time teaching faculty member for the past two years consecutively
- Have earned continuing contract
- Teach at least one course in the Spring Term of the current academic year for purposes of observation
- Be in good standing within his or her department
- Not be a recipient of an Endowed Teaching Chair award within the past five years. For a list of past honorees, visit the SSC Foundation's honoree webpage.
Any questions concerning Endowed Teaching Chair nominations can be emailed to the Director of the Faculty Center.
Established Endowed Teaching Chairs
- Balfour Beatty Construction
- Central Florida Regional Hospital
- Chesley G. Magruder Foundation
- Cirent/Agere, in honor of Dr. Peter Panousis and Mr. Robert B. Koch
- Citizens Bank of Florida, B.F. Wheeler Sr.
- Community Partners:
- AAA National Office
- Bank of America
- The University Club of Orlando
- E. Ann McGee
- Florida Hospital
- Ken Sylvester
- Orlando Health
- Phoenix International Ltd., Inc.
- Vinson Henderson Memorial
- Wharton-Smith, Inc. Construction Group
- Winter Park Health Foundation