Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning
Faculty Center Events
The Seminole State Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning provides opportunities for all College faculty to engage in professional development activities that respect the talents and expertise that faculty bring to the classroom.
The mission of the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning is to:
- Promote professional development in discipline areas and instructional strategies to enhance student learning and success
- Provide training to faculty on effective methods for evaluating implemented instructional strategies
- Support faculty in its ongoing quest to be sensitive to multicultural issues
- Act as a central resource for teaching and learning material
- Provide opportunities for new faculty and adjuncts to become oriented to Seminole State
- Provide a collegial space for faculty to collaborate on teaching and learning projects
- Recognize faculty achievements and excellence
Faculty Advisory Committee
The Center's faculty Advisory Committee helps in the selection of professional activities and teaching/learning resources beneficial to faculty and relevant to student retention and success.
Advisory Board members 2022-2023:
- Aline Z. Abassian – Math
- Brooke Allen – Political Science
- Jason Anfinsen – Library
- Christina Bisirri – English
- Jamie Brickley – Physical Therapy
- Doreen Collins – Psychology
- Frankie Huff – English
- Michael Gennaro – History
- Albert Miranda – Office Systems
- Cricket Moore – Paramedic
- Cheryl Sherlock – Computer Programming
- Stacy Tanner – Humanities
Faculty Center Location
The Faculty Center is located in building L, room 128 on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. The Adjunct Faculty work space, with access to computers, supplies and a printer, is located in L-129.
Faculty Center Director
Marisabel Irizarry is the director of the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning. She can be contacted via email at email@example.com or via phone 407.708.2073.