Earning Professional Development Credit
The Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning is dedicated to ensuring that faculty members have access to opportunities to meet the required professional development as stipulated in the bargaining unit's contract.
- Full-time faculty members can maintain a minimum of 15 clock hours of professional development credit by attending our regular semester programming.
- Any faculty/staff member can take advantage of our subscription to Academic Impression's AIPro. When you set up your account, please register with your @seminolestate.edu address. You will also need our instutional code, which is AIPRO_224C7A. Please feel free to utilize this PDF for detailed registration and sign-up instructions.
- By logging in and providing responses to a short questionnaire, the Faculty Center will be able to input professional development credit for webcasts on your behalf.
- More than 3,000 online learning modules and 20,000 books are available to employees through Skillsoft. Employees have the opportunity to earn Professional Development certificates online (must submit request for professional development credit). Visit the Learning Connection Online: Powered by Skillsoft page for more information.
- For faculty members traveling to conferences, the faculty member can request a session to share what was learned at seminars, workshops, and conferences with Seminole State colleagues through the Faculty Center. Any event that is scheduled one month in advance will have full logisitical support of the Faculty Center staff.
- Faculty members may also request to present a workshop by filling out the form below.