Brain Training Technology
What is it?
NeurOptimal® is the world’s first and only Dynamical system. No matter where you’re starting from,." 1
It is not a medical treatment; it is simply a tool to allow your brain to give feedback to itself. This allows your brain to make adjustments providing a more optimal pathway.
Every individual is different. There is no set amount of sessions that a person can expect to notice a difference. Some people notice things right away while others may take several to many sessions before they notice anything. People who have used the system have reported sleeping better, better ability to focus and concentrate, not having that mid-afternoon “crash,” clearer thinking and more.
Seminole State College Disability Support Services is scheduling sessions throughout each semester. You can schedule sessions twice per week up to 21 sessions per semester.
Information and Resources
- What is NeurOptimal®?
- Dr. Lartin’s 22 year old son Brian survived a life-threatening TBI in April of 2012 and had more than 70 sessions of NeurOptimal® in a year.
- Does NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback Help To Improve Focus/Attention?
- Natural Sleep Rhythms: From Cells to Behavior
- Neurofeedback Training for Stress and Burnout in the Workplace; A Double Blind Study
Frequently Asked Questions
The preferred number of sessions is twenty and doing two sessions per week. This gives your brain time to adapt.
Each session is 33 minutes long. However, depending on time constraints, sessions can be adjusted as low as 15 minutes and a maximum of 45 minutes.
NeurOptimal® neurofeedback is a 100% safe, non-invasive and drug-free technology that provides information only to your brain. NeurOptimal® does not push the brain in one direction, allowing the brain to use its own inherent ability to self-correct when giving the right information.
When you are training, no electricity, vibration or external signal is going into the brain. In addition, brain training with NeurOptimal® does not target specific areas of the brain nor does it push the brain in any direction by giving it goals to achieve, decided by an “expert”. In this way, NeurOptimal® is globally effective while remarkably free of unwanted side effects.
Yes. The NeurOptimal® system is safe for people of all ages from infants to and age adult.
Training with NeurOptimal® is like learning a task or a musical instrument. Once you learn how to do something, you don’t forget, but may need to have a refresher or practice to get back to where you should be. Many factors can affect your brain and get it off the track, such as stress, toxins, or poor nutrition. Doing a refresher session can help recover your optimal functioning.
No. You can do a wide range of things while doing NeurOptimal® such as reading, working, doing homework, playing on the phone, sending texts, or even sleep. Just do not have the sound volume higher that the music played from NeurOptimal® since it may interfere with the feedback training.
- NeurOptimal® Explainer Video
- Dr. Lartin’s 22 year old son Brian
- NeurOptimal® Moms: Angela
- NeurOptimal® Moms: Stephanie
- Miracles Every Day
1NeurOptimal®(2018) Retrieved from: https://neuroptimal.com/
Seminole State Employee Documentary
- Part 1: Introduction
- Part 2: After 5th Session
- Part 3: After 10th Session
- Part 4: After 15th Session
- Part 5: End of the Journey
Theralux Photobiomodulation Helmet
Transcranial infrared stimulation is a novel, safe, non-invasive method of brain photobiomodulation.
Transcranial photobiomodulation (t-PBM) with near-infrared light (NIR) consists of delivering NIR to the scalp and modulate brain cortex. It increases brain metabolism and neuroplasticity, modulating cortical excitability and improving cerebral perfusion and oxygenation. Another words, PBM is a light therapy that uses red to near-infrared (NIR) light to stimulate, heal, and protect tissue that has been injured or is at risk of dying.
Some of the benefits of using the helmet are:
- Balanced brainwave states
- Reduced stress
- Better sleep
- Increased mental acuity.
BrainTap® is a revolutionary concept that is designed to help you achieve balanced brainwave states to help produce neurotransmitters needed for optimal function of the mind and body.
Unlike meditation apps, BrainTap®’s neuro-algorithm produces brainwave entrainment — the synchronization of brainwaves to a specialized sound — with no user effort. The result of which is full-spectrum brainwave activity. Using this matrix of neuro-activity, each of BrainTap®’s sessions is encoded differently to ensure maximum neuroplasticity — the brain’s ability to reorganize itself by forming new neural connections, resulting in a flexible and resilient brain.3
The science behind BrainTap® relies on four key elements that enable the sessions to induce brainwave entrainment:
- Binaural Beats – When two different tones, separated by frequency and introduced in each ear separately, the brain perceives a third and unique tone.
- Guided Visualization – During a period of relaxation, visual imagery is depicted using spoken words to describe a scene.
- 10-Cycle Holographic Music – Sonic technology produces sound that helps the visualizations become more real to the mind.
- Isochronic Tones – Equal intensity pulses of sound separated by an interval of silence.
3Braintap® (2021) retrieved from https://braintap.com/the-science/#GuidedVisualization