Brain Training Technology
What is it?
NeurOptimal® is the world’s first and only Dynamical system. No matter where you’re starting from,." 1
It is not a medical treatment; it is simply a tool to allow your brain to give feedback to itself. This allows your brain to make adjustments providing a more optimal pathway.
Every individual is different. There is no set amount of sessions that a person can expect to notice a difference. Some people notice things right away while others may take several to many sessions before they notice anything. People who have used the system have reported sleeping better, better ability to focus and concentrate, not having that mid-afternoon “crash,” clearer thinking and more.
Seminole State College Disability Support Services is scheduling sessions throughout each semester. You can schedule sessions twice per week up to 21 sessions per semester.
Information and Resources
- What is NeurOptimal®?
- Dr. Lartin’s 22 year old son Brian survived a life-threatening TBI in April of 2012 and had more than 70 sessions of NeurOptimal® in a year.
- Does NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback Help To Improve Focus/Attention?
- Natural Sleep Rhythms: From Cells to Behavior
- Neurofeedback Training for Stress and Burnout in the Workplace; A Double Blind Study
- NeurOptimal® Explainer Video on YouTube
- Dr. Lartin’s 22 year old son Brian
- NeurOptimal® Moms: Angela
- NeurOptimal® Moms: Stephanie
- Miracles Every Day
1NeurOptimal®(2018) Retrieved from: https://neuroptimal.com/
Seminole State Employee Documentary
- Part 1: Introduction
- Part 2: After 5th Session
- Part 3: After 10th Session
- Part 4: After 15th Session
- Part 5: End of the Journey
Theralux Photobiomodulation Helmet
Transcranial infrared stimulation is a novel, safe, non-invasive method of brain photobiomodulation.
Transcranial photobiomodulation (t-PBM) with near-infrared light (NIR) consists of delivering NIR to the scalp and modulate brain cortex. It increases brain metabolism and neuroplasticity, modulating cortical excitability and improving cerebral perfusion and oxygenation. Another words, PBM is a light therapy that uses red to near-infrared (NIR) light to stimulate, heal, and protect tissue that has been injured or is at risk of dying.
Some of the benefits of using the helmet are: 1) Balanced brainwave states, 2) Reduced stress, 3) Better sleep, and 4) Increased mental acuity.
BrainTap® is a revolutionary concept that is designed to help you achieve balanced brainwave states to help produce neurotransmitters needed for optimal function of the mind and body.
Unlike meditation apps, BrainTap®’s neuro-algorithm produces brainwave entrainment — the synchronization of brainwaves to a specialized sound — with no user effort. The result of which is full-spectrum brainwave activity. Using this matrix of neuro-activity, each of BrainTap®’s sessions is encoded differently to ensure maximum neuroplasticity — the brain’s ability to reorganize itself by forming new neural connections, resulting in a flexible and resilient brain.3
The science behind BrainTap® relies on four key elements that enable the sessions to induce brainwave entrainment:
- Binaural Beats – When two different tones, separated by frequency and introduced in each ear separately, the brain perceives a third and unique tone.
- Guided Visualization – During a period of relaxation, visual imagery is depicted using spoken words to describe a scene.
- 10-Cycle Holographic Music – Sonic technology produces sound that helps the visualizations become more real to the mind.
- Isochronic Tones – Equal intensity pulses of sound separated by an interval of silence.
3Braintap® (2021) retrieved from https://braintap.com/the-science/#GuidedVisualization