Technology Tips and Tutorials
Requests? Questions? Contact the Tech Guy
Welcome to the DSS technology tips and tutorials page. Here you will find some good information, videos, and tutorials on different assistive technology and features.
Our YouTube channel has a variety of tutorials. Come and check it out.
PDF documents are challenging documents when it comes to accessibility. The most efficient way to create a PDF is to first design it in Microsoft Word. There, you can run accessibility checks and make it as clean as possible before converting it to a PDF. There still may some issues involved, so here is a list of how to fix some common problems with PDFs.
- How to check pdf accessibility
- How to make a pdf document form fillable
- How to add radio buttons and check boxes to a pdf
- How to convert a word document to pdf
- How to add alternate text to pdf
- How to edit alternate text in a PDF
- How to set reading order to a pdf
- How to Fill out a PDF Form on a Mobile Device
Text to Speech Tips
Text to speech is a great tool for individuals needing this feature or for just about anyone who is looking for a little relief from having to read everything. But with text to speech, there are many different readers and many have different features included. These are some tips and “how to” for text to speech applications.