The Communications Office receives all requests for event publicity submitted by Seminole State faculty and staff through the Service Request system. Only events hosted by the College or one of its departments/offices will be considered for publication through the following media:
- Digital Signage (requires two-week lead time)
- Electronic Marquees
- Digital Monitors (TVs)
- Seminole State website
- Seminole State official social media channels
- News releases
The College uses two types of digital signage: electronic marquees and digital monitors (TVs). All events on the collegewide events calendar are automatically considered for publication through our digital signage.
The College's electronic marquees are located on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus and Lee Campus at Oviedo. Messages featured on the electronic marquees are designed to build the College's reputation, promote overall student recruitment and retention, and highlight College events that are open to the community. Because the electronic marquees require graphics that must be updated or created in advance, requests must be received at least two weeks prior to your event date. When submitting an event for publication on the electronic marquees, please keep the following in mind:
- Events must be promoted in advance and not the day of the event.
- The marquee will not be used to provide directions unless the event is expected to draw more than 1,000 people to campus.
- Due to system limitations and limited staffing, marquee messages may not be updated weekly but will be removed when they expire.
Digital Monitors (TVs)
Each of Seminole State's four campuses contain flat-screen monitors that feature messages that provide relevant information for current and prospective students, and highlight student services and campus events. Because the monitors require graphics that must be updated or created in advance, requests must be received at least two weeks prior to your event date. When submitting an event for publication on the monitors, please keep the following in mind:
- Make sure your request includes all relevant information: the event name, event description, event sponsor or host, date, time, location (including room number and campus), cost of attendance and the intended audience (i.e. open to the public, for current students, for prospective students, etc.).
- Messages will be scheduled at the discretion of the Communications Team
- Messages promoting events will be removed once the event date as passed.
How to Submit Events for Digital Signage
To submit events for the marquees or digital monitors, follow these steps:
- Go to the Event Publicity request page in the Service Request system. If you are not logged in to the system, you will need to log in to view the page.
- Select Request Service.
- Complete all applicable fields. The required fields are marked with asterisks. (Please provide as much information as possible, including a detailed event description in the appropriate field).
- Attach related files if applicable.
- Once the request is complete, review it and then click Request to submit.
When submitting events, please keep the lead times in mind. If you have questions about lead times or submitting events, please contact Mark Richardson at ext. 2418.
Event Stories/News Releases
Certain College-sponsored events that are open to the public may be publicized on the College's website, official social media channels and/or sent to media through news releases. The Communications staff will determine which events meet the criteria to be sent as releases. To learn more about submitting events for publication as a story or news release, visit the College News webpage.