Administrative Office Management Associate in Science
Getting Started: Summer Full and
March 14: Financial Aid
May 2: Application
May 9: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Affordable tuition: Earn a state university education at about half the cost.
- Small class sizes: With classes of 30 or less, you don’t have to learn in an auditorium.
- Online degree option: Most courses for our A.S. degrees are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
- Seamless transition: Most A.S. graduates earn credits that can be applied to a bachelor's degree at Seminole State or at the University of Central Florida through DirectConnect® to UCF.*
- Job Placement: According to state data, most Seminole State A.S. programs have placement rates above 90 percent.
*A.S. students who are planning to transfer to bachelor's degree programs should meet with a counselor, advisor or specialist to make sure the required courses are taken and the entry requirements are met.
- Business Administration Website
- Business and Information Management Bachelor's Degree Stats
- Bachelor's Degree Office
407.708.2106 (call or text)
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and great value. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$6,538||$6,379|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,400||$11,472||$10,300|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$810||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2021-22 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 terms, with 15 credit hours per term for in-state students. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on information provided on each university's website. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Administrative and office management professionals are often the lifeline of an organization. Utilizing detailed organizational skills, they support all levels of a company by scheduling meetings; making travel arrangements; researching, preparing and distributing reports and managing sensitive information related to budgets, personnel and corporate communications.
Graduates of this program are employed as:
- Administrative Assistants
- Executive Assistants
- Office Managers
- Office Supervisors
- Virtual Office Coordinators
For career information related to this program, please visit O*Net OnLine.
Employment in this field is expected to grow by 12 percent (about as fast as average) through 2020 (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics).
College Credit Certificates
Students pursuing this degree also may obtain the following college credit certificates:
- Accounting Applications Technical Certificate
- Accounting Operations Technical Certificate
- Accounting Specialist Technical Certificate
- Office Management Technical Certificate
- Office Specialist Technical Certificate
- Office Support Technical Certificate
Seminole State’s Associate in Science (A.S.) degrees are designed to prepare graduates for immediate entry into their chosen career field and/or transfer into certain baccalaureate programs. Students planning to transfer to a college or university should consult with an academic advisor to ensure completion of all entry requirements for the baccalaureate program of their choice.
Graduates of this program are qualified to earn the following industry certifications:
- Certification for Legal Professionals, (Accredited Legal Secretary—ALS), The Association for Legal Professionals, (TAFLP001)
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP), International Association of Administrative Professionals, (AOAP001)
- Certified Professional Secretary, International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP)
- Microsoft Office Master, Microsoft Corp., (MICRO017)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Bundle Certification (3 out of 5—Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, or Outlook), Microsoft Corp., (MICRO069)
Additional industry certifications may be available for college credit certificate programs.