Make-up Test and Proctored Exam Testing Guidelines
Non-Seminole State Students
- External proctored exams (Correspondence Testing) are offered by appointment only at the Testing Center on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus, which is located in the Student Center (second floor SC-239).
- You can download instructions for scheduling an external proctored exam here.
Seminole State Students
The Testing Center administers make-up tests and proctored exams for students who are unable to take a scheduled classroom test for one of the following reasons:
- A personal, family, work or medical emergency
- A documented disability identified by Disability Support Services
Make-up tests are offered by appointment only. Same day appointments may not be accommodated. You must log in to the TeCO system using your MySeminoleState account to schedule a make-up test.
Proctored exams are offered by appointment only. You must log in to the TeCO system using your MySeminoleState account to schedule a proctored exam.
Note: Only Seminole State faculty members can authorize a make-up test. Speak with your instructor before using the TeCO system to schedule an exam.
TeCO System Instructions
The following steps outline the TeCO system instructions for students and faculty.
- Step 1:Wait for your instructor to create a make-up testing session.You cannot schedule a make-up test in TeCO until your instructor creates the session. Once your instructor creates the make-up testing session, you must:
- Log in to the TeCO system.
- Click "Students," followed by "Make an appointment."
- Click "Create."
- Click "New Appointment."
- Use the drop-down menu to select the test session you would like to schedule. You may schedule multiple tests.
- Step 2: Choose a testing location. Your instructor has the authority to restrict your testing location to the campus(es) of his or her choice.
- Step 3: Choose a date to take the test. The default time window to complete any test is six days from the date the instructor creates the exam session. Your instructor may decrease the number of days you have to take the test, but he or she cannot increase it.
- Step 4:Select a time to test during regular testing hours. Be sure to save your appointment. If you forget your scheduled date or time, simply log back in to the system and click "Student History."
- You must give yourself enough time to complete the entire test. For example, if your instructor allots 90 minutes for your test, you must schedule your appointment a minimum of 90 minutes before the Assessment and Testing Center closes for the day.
- You should arrive to your scheduled appointment at least 15 minutes early. The system will not allow you to test if you are late.
- If you miss or arrive late to your scheduled appointment, you will have one opportunity to reschedule, as long as your testing session has not yet expired and there is an available time slot.
- To reschedule an appointment:
- Log in to the TeCO system and retrieve your appointment.
- Click the "Cancel" icon next to your appointment.
- Follow the steps to schedule a new appointment.
- Save your appointment.
- You will not be allowed to reschedule if you miss or arrive even one minute late to your second appointment. If this happens, you must contact your instructor to request that he or she recreate the appointment.
- To reschedule an appointment:
After scheduling your make-up test, you will receive an appointment confirmation through your Seminole State email account. Make a note of your appointment date and time. If you forget your scheduled date or time, simply log back in to the system and click "Create a new appointment." A list of your appointments will display.
Note: While most students are able to use the TeCO scheduling system without any trouble, help is available at the Assessment and Testing Center. Please try to use TeCO independently before seeking assistance.
When you arrive to the Assessment and Testing Center to take your make-up test, you must sign in using TeCO. To do so:
- Log in to the TeCO system.
- Click on "Sign in for an Exam" from the left-hand menu,
- Select In Class or Online exam. Click "continue," then click confirm.
- Use the drop-down arrow to select the test you are taking.
- Click the "Student History" link to see which tests you have previously signed up for and taken.
- Click the "Help" link to get step-by-step instructions for using the TeCO system.
The TeCO system makes scheduling test sessions a breeze. Instructors must schedule all In Class (Make-up) and Online exam, and students must make an appointment within the time frame set by the instructor. Please follow the steps carefully to create a testing session using TeCO. (These steps also may be viewed in TeCO by selecting the "Help" function.) You may log in using your MySeminoleState username and password. Then click on the "Instructor" link. To schedule a session, please do the following:
- Step 1: Putting an Exam in TeCO:
- Go to the TeCO system website.
- Click "Exams" to view the "Manage Exams" page. From there, click "Create New Exam" (or, to edit an existing exam, click on that exam from the list). In the "Exam Details" section, enter the name of the exam.
- Click "Exam Type" (either "In Class Exam" or "Online Exam"). To attach an exam, click "Browse" in the "Attach Exam" section. Enter any additional comments or instructions in the "Comments" box.
- Enter the course prefix and number.
- Select the appropriate time limit, and answer the five questions.
- Click "Save Exam."
- Step 2: Creating an Exam Session(to give students access to an exam):
- Click on "Exam Sessions" to visit the "Manage Exam Sessions" page. Then click the "Create Exam Session" button. This takes you to the "Exam Session Details" page.
- Select the course term for which the test session should be active.
- Select the appropriate term session.
- Select which locations you would like to make the exam available, as well as the number of days. Sessions may be open for a maximum of six days.
- Select the names of students eligible to take the exam.
- Enter any additional comments or instructions in the "Additional Comments" box.
- Save the exam session.
- Step 3: Exam Pick-Up(if you selected to pick up the completed exams in person)
- Go to the Testing Center(s) for which you set the exam session.
- Log in to TeCO.
- Click on “Pickup Exams.”
- A list of students who completed the exams will appear. A testing specialist will get the completed exams from the instructor’s file. The instructor will check off the student’s name as the testing specialist reads the names on the completed exams.
- The testing specialist will enter a password after confirming that all completed exams are accounted for return.
- Step 4: Retrieve Downloaded Results(If you indicated you would like the completed exams scanned and uploaded online)
- Log in to TeCO from any computer that has Internet access.
- Click on “Download Results.” A list of completed exams with an attachment will appear.
- When an attached exam is opened, TeCO records that the exam was received by the instructor.
- Contact Us
- If you need to contact the Testing Department, log in to TeCO and click "Contact Us."
- Type your issues, concerns or appreciations in the box. When you're finished, click "Send Message" to share your comments with the Assessment and Testing management team.
Hours and Locations
- For your convenience, the Assessment and Testing Center administers make-up tests and proctored exams to Seminole State Students on all four campuses.
- These tests will not be administered without an appointment or after the Testing Center's published exam end times.
- For testing hours, please select your preferred campus location.
Examination Day Reminders
- Prior to taking any examination, you will need to present a current, valid and original photo ID with a signature (e.g., passport, driver’s license or state-issued ID card).
- If your photo ID does not include a signature, a second ID is required with your name and signature (e.g., Social Security card, voter registration card, credit card or debit card).