Seminole State encourages preparedness for 2022 hurricane season
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Written by: Seminole State Staff
June 1 marks the official start of the Atlantic hurricane season, which continues through Nov. 30. With the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) predicting above-average storm activity this year, Seminole State College of Florida’s Emergency Response Team encourages all members of the College community to be prepared and offers these hurricane preparedness tips.
Preparing for a hurricane
- Download the Seminole State Safe App, the College’s free personal safety mobile app. The College uses the Everbridge mass notification platform to provide time-sensitive messages, including text alerts and push notifications, to the College community.
- Program the Seminole State Emergency Hotline – 407.708.2290 – into your phone. This hotline is updated with emergency information.
- Prepare a disaster kit so you’ll have the necessary supplies during an emergency.
- Discuss preparedness plans with family and friends and keep them updated if your plans change.
- Review information provided on the College’s emergency website, Seminole State Alert, and in the College's Emergency Response Guide available in every classroom, lab and office suite collegewide.
How you'll be notified
- If you’re on campus, listen for emergency broadcasts through the Emergency Alert Phone System. Speaker phones are in all classrooms and offices at Seminole State.
- Check your mobile phone for emergency text messages and push notifications sent via the Seminole State Safe App.
- Monitor the College’s website, and social media sites (Facebook and Twitter) for updated information.
- Call the Emergency Hotline at 407.708.2290.
- Check your Seminole State email account. When possible, Seminole State will email messages to students, faculty and staff.
As Seminole State prioritizes the health, safety and well-being of all members of the College community, the College is committed to keeping you informed during an emergency. By planning now, you can reduce stress and frustration and be prepared this hurricane season.
Seminole State College of Florida, established in 1965, serves nearly 30,000 students across six sites in Central Florida. A comprehensive college, Seminole State has awarded more than 100,000 credentials, from bachelor's degrees to high school diplomas, and offers more than 200 degrees, certificates and programs designed for success. For more about the college, visit seminolestate.edu
Get social with us:
- Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/seminolestate
- Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/seminolestate/
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/SeminoleState
- Join us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com
- Watch us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/SeminoleStateCollege