In the Fall of 2016 the H.O.P.E. (Helping Others Pursue Education) Scholars program was created to improve the retention and degree completion rates of students of color attending Seminole State College. The program provides personal, academic, social, professional, and leadership development to these underrepresented students, to positively impact academic success, increase retention, and develop successful graduate leaders of tomorrow.
Join the Program
The H.O.P.E. Scholars Program is open to all underrepresented students at Seminole State. To participate you can email Alex Lambis at email@example.com . Complete the our Interest form and we will send you additional information.
Please visit the sign-me-up registration calendar for appointment information.
Every fall and spring semester, students are invited to apply to the H.O.P.E. Leadership Cohort. Cohort members participate in bi-weekly team meetings where we discuss upcoming events, and dialogue on issues directly impacting students of color. The cohort creates an opportunity to cultivate community and develop a network of trust and support amongst the students.
Cohort members are required to fulfill certain requirements in order to obtain a $325 scholarship.
- Meet with Career Counselor once within each semester.
- Participate in bi-weekly group meetings with H.O.P.E. Scholars Coordinator.
- Attend a minimum of three H.O.P.E. Scholars Activities per semester.
- Attend a minimum of two Skills Sessions offered by Career Development per semester.
- Engage in one volunteer opportunity per semester.
- Meet individually once per month with H.O.P.E. Scholars Coordinator.
H.O.P.E. Events and Workshops
H.O.P.E. hosts several events and workshops for the entire Seminole State community. Our events focus on developing students and informing them on academic, social justice, and professional topics. Such events that we have hosted in the past include:
- Color and Abstract Art Workshop
- College to Careers: Financial Workshop
- Moving Beyond College: Preparing for What’s Next
- Confronting Anxiety
- Alumni Student Panel
- The Flipside: History’s Other Stories