Educator Preparation Institute (EPI)
EPI Program Info
Learn more about the Educator Preparation Institute
Changing Careers? Come Change Lives!
If you are an aspiring teacher, we have the program for you! Seminole State's Educator Preparation Institute (EPI) helps baccalaureate degree holders (in fields outside of education) earn their Florida Professional Certification to teach in a K-12 classroom within nine months.
The program provides the necessary training for participants to become highly effective certified teachers. In addition to being prepared to take the Florida Teacher Certification Exams, those who successfully complete the EPI Program and achieve passing scores on the required exams will receive their five-year Professional Teaching Certificate.
EPI Program classes are offered at Seminole State's Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Classes are offered in hybrid (in-class with online assignments) and online formats. Hybrid classes are held once a week, either in the evening on Tuesday or Thursday, or on Saturdays. Most classes run for a five-week period.
Adults looking for a career change, including displaced workers, U.S. veterans and mothers entering the work force, are encouraged to explore this exciting opportunity. We recommend you attend an information session and/or email the EPI program.
Why Seminole State?
- Outstanding reputation: Seminole State offers a specialized teacher training program that is an approved state Educator Preparatory Institute for professional development and alternative certification.
- Industry-driven curriculum: Courses were developed with input from the State of Florida and Seminole County Schools.
- Meets Seminole County School Induction Requirement: Seminole County EPI graduates are exempt from the Seminole County Induction process which is required for new teachers.
- Small class sizes: Seminole State's small classes allow more personal attention. Most classes have fewer than 30 students.
- Real-world projects: An internship and portfolio assignment allows students to be mentored by highly qualified teachers and to experience teaching students in local schools.
- Flexible Schedule: Online classes are available through the year.
- Free Resources: Tutorials are available to EPI graduates to help you prepare for the reading and math portion of the General Knowledge Test.
Information and Registration Sessions
If you are interested in enrolling in the Educator Preparation Institute,
please contact the EPI office and request an online Information/Registration Session.
Please review our Helpful Links for supplemental information regarding the Educator Preparation Institute (EPI) program.
Financial Aid is available for students who qualify. Please contact:
Financial Aid Specialist
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus, Room A-100S