Instructional Design Certificate Technical Certificate
The Instructional Design Certificate at Seminole State is tailored for educators, trainers and other professionals. This 15-credit, online program provides the knowledge you need to design, develop, facilitate and evaluate instruction.
Getting Started: Spring Term 2021
Oct. 1: Financial Aid
Jan. 4: Application
Jan. 11: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Dedicated faculty: Faculty are "scholar-practitioners" with industry experience as well as academic credentials.
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State has significantly lower costs than Florida's universities.
- Industry involvement: Our industry-focused certificate programs offer excellent connections to Central Florida employers.
- Hands-on experience: Practical, hands-on learning experiences prepare students to apply their knowledge to real-world situations.
- Continuing education: Many credits earned in certificate programs can be applied toward an Associate in Science (A.S.) or bachelor's degree at Seminole State.
- Career advancement: Graduates are prepared for immediate entry into the workforce upon certificate completion.
"I wanted to attend a college that would put me on the right path for my career and would offer a manageable schedule that I could balance with work and family life. I ultimately chose Seminole State, because I could earn the [Instructional Design] Certificate in less time and with less expense. I just accepted an offer with a major company as an employee in their training consulting department, so I definitely made the right choice with Seminole State."
–Richard Balach, Spring 2019 Graduate
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment plans that make sense. And to us, that’s scholarly.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fees
|Technical Certificate||12 Credits||18 Credits||24 Credits||28 Credits|
|Tuition and Fees||$1,253||$1,879||$2,505||$2,923|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$1,ooo||$1,000||$1,000|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2020-21 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 terms, with an equal number of credit hours per term for in-state students. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
- Affordable tuition
- Small classes taught by credentialed and experienced faculty
- Increased earning potential
- Project-based courses
- Focus on technology and emerging topics in education
- Job search assistance from our Career Development Center
This program prepares you to advance your career in a number of settings, including K-12, higher education, corporate, healthcare, non-profit, military and government. Flexible project assignments can be adapted to many relevant professions such as:
- Corporate trainer
- Curriculum and instruction director
- Curriculum coordinator/specialist
- Instructional designer
- Online course designer
- Project manager