Teachers, Seminole State offers the courses you need!
Seminole State is accredited and approved by the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) to offer college level credits that individuals may use to renew their teaching certificate, reinstate their teaching certificate, or move from a temporary certificate to a professional teaching certificate.
Introduction to Exceptional Learners meets the FLDOE SWD (Students with Disabilities) renewal requirement. It is a three credit-hour course.
Please note: Students must work with Seminole State's counselors, advisors or specialists, in conjunction with the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) and their school district's personnel, to ensure that they have selected the appropriate courses for each certification specialization.
Why Seminole State?
- Accredited Program: Our program is accredited and approved by the FLDOE.
- Dedicated faculty: Faculty are "scholar-practitioners" with industry experience as well as academic credentials.
- Student-focused curriculum: Courses are project-based and learner-centered.
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State has significantly lower costs than Florida's universities.
- Small class sizes: Seminole State's small classes allow more personal attention. Most classes have fewer than 30 students.
- Flexible Schedule: Classes are offered in the day, evening and online for convenience.