A Seminole State student requesting to attend another Florida public institution as a transient student must submit a Seminole State transient request via Florida Shines. Before accessing the transient form, you must create a Florida Virtual Campus account.
Note: If you would like to take transient courses at an institution not included at the Florida Shines website, please discuss your options with an academic advisor.
Submitting a Transient Request Via Florida Shines
Follow the steps listed below to submit a transient request via Florida Shines:
- Visit FloridaShines.org and select "Succeed in College."
- Select "Take course at Another School."
- Read the information pertaining to the completion of a transient request.
- Log in with your Florida Virtual Campus ID.
- Identify Seminole State College of Florida as your institution. Remember: Your student ID is your Seminole State student number, and your PIN/password is the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Fill out the rest of the form. Make sure all information is correct.
Note: If you would like to reset your Seminole State PIN/password, you may do so at the MySeminoleState Student Center.
Once you submit your transient form, you will be notified via email that your form has been received. Emails are sent to the address provided on the transient form as each of three Seminole State agents process the request.
If the request is denied by an agent, no further processing occurs. Any further consideration requires submittal of a new form.
An approved form is sent electronically to the host institution. Contact the host institution for admissions requirements. At any time in the process, you may review the status of the form by logging in to your Florida Shines account.
In order to qualify as a transient student, students must meet the following conditions:
- Students must be in good standing with cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 2.0 and may not be on Academic Suspension.
- The student must not have any enrollment activity holds on his or her record.
- The student must be actively enrolled at Seminole State and must not be in his or her first credit term.
- The exact course the student is attempting to take (i.e., a course with the same prefix and course number) must be offered at Seminole State.
- Each transient form may be used for only one attempt of the indicated course(s) for the specific term indicated on the form.
- Official transcripts must be provided to Seminole State when the student enrolls as a transient.
- Official transcripts must be submitted to Seminole State after grades are posted for each term.
- The student must provide proof of registration or available grades in prerequisite course(s).
- The student may only request transient status for the term following the current semester, and only after the add/drop period has ended for the current term.
- The student may not maintain transient status at more than one institution per term.
- The course attempted must be part of the student's declared degree plan of study for the term requested.
- The student may not exceed the maximum allowable number of course credits.
- The student should verify the financial aid eligibility of the courses prior to submitting the transient request.
- Requests to register for 3000- or 4000-level courses will require an additional degree program review.
- The student must agree to adhere to all current Seminole State policies and procedures for enrollment, advising and registration.
It is the student’s responsibility to meet with an advisor and verify that the course(s) he or she plans to attempt are within his or her current program plan. Changes to the transient process may occur based on current Seminole State policies and procedures or Florida Shines modifications.