F-1 Visa Process
After you receive your initial I-20, you will need to make an appointment with your local embassy/consulate to request the F-1 visa.
Before the Interview
Pay the SEVIS fee. Make sure to save your receipt.
Check with your local consulate/embassy to see if you will need to pay any issuance fees.
Prepare for the Interview
Bring all documentation with you to your F-1 visa interview, including:
- Initial I-20 (make sure you have signed it)
- Letter of acceptance from Seminole State College of Florida
- Proof of finances
- Passport valid for at least six months beyond the planned US entry date
- Passport photo
- SEVIS I-901 payment receipt
- Form DS-160 confirmation page
- Receipt of the visa application fee
- Educational documents (transcripts, certificates, etc.)
- Documents showing your financial and personal ties to your home country
- 10 Points to Remember When Applying for a Student Visa
- Student Visa Overview from the US Department of State
- Sample Questions for an F-1 Student Visa Interview