F-1 Transfer Students

Transferring to Seminole State

An F-1 student is eligible to transfer to Seminole State College if they are in valid F-1 status at the time of transfer. F-1 students have 60 days after the completion of their program or the completion of their Optional Practical Training (OPT) to request a transfer to another institution. 

There can be no more than a five-month gap between schools from the last date of attendance or the last day of OPT, whichever is later. 

Follow the steps to apply for admission as an international student to Seminole State College. You will need to submit a copy of your passport, financial documentation and transcripts.

After your admission to Seminole State College is processed, you will need to complete a Transfer-In form with your current institution's DSO to arrange the transfer date of your SEVIS record and I-20. 

Transferring from Seminole State

If you are transferring to another institution and need your SEVIS record and I-20 transferred, you must complete a Transfer Out form  and provide us with a copy of your acceptance letter to your next institution. 

Any additional paperwork requested by the institution can be emailed to international@seminolestate.edu, or you can make an appointment with the International Student Office.


100 Weldon Boulevard
Sanford, FL 32773