Undergraduate Research Symposium
The Honors Institute is hosting a bi-annual undergraduate research symposium. Any Seminole State student is invited to apply to participate.
Fall 2023 Symposium
Key Dates & Deadlines
- TBD: Application deadline to participate.
- TBD: Poster finalized, approved by faculty mentor, and sent to Honors Director Tracy Harbin.
- November 30th: Be available to attend the symposium at the SLM campus from 2:00 to 4:00 pm.
Who Should Participate
Seminole State students are invited to participate in the research symposium as a way to gain experience to present research in a condensed format while speaking to field experts as well as those who may be outside the discipline. This format gives students the opportunity to talk about their research in a one-on-one and a small group environment. It is an opportunity to practice presenting research before attending regional or national conferences.
- Fill out our Request to Participate below.
- Visit our Guidelines on Preparing your Research in a Poster Format.
- Visit our Tips on Giving a Poster Session Presentation.
In the event that space becomes limited, the following prioritization will be used to accept applicants:
- Students required to participate as part of Honors coursework
- Students working on research with a faculty member
- Students who are planning on participating in an external conference
- Honors and/or PTK students
- Any Seminole State student nearing graduation
- All other applicants