Undergraduate Research Symposium
The Honors Institute is hosting a bi-annual undergraduate research symposium. Any Seminole State student is invited to apply to participate.
- *Event cancelled due to all college-wide events being cancelled through April 30. Spring 2020 Symposium: Thursday, April 23, 4-5:30 p.m.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- March 27: Application deadline to participate.
- April 17: Poster finalized, approved by faculty mentor, and sent to Honors Director Aaron Hanlin at email@example.com.
- April 23: Be available to attend the symposium.
Who Should Participate
Seminole State students are invited to participate in the research symposium as a way to gain experience to present research in a condensed format while speaking to field experts as well as those who may be outside the discipline. This format gives students the opportunity to talk about their research in an one-on-one and a small group environment. It is an opportunity to practice presenting research before attending regional or national conferences.
- Fill out our Request to Participate below.
- Visit our Guidelines on Preparing your Research in a Poster Format.
- Visit our Tips on Giving a Poster Session Presentation.
In the event that space becomes limited, the following prioritization will be used to accept applicants:
- Students required to participate as part of Honors coursework
- Students working on research with a faculty member
- Students who are planning on participating in an external conference
- Honors and/or PTK students
- Any Seminole State student nearing graduation
- All other applicants