Undergraduate Research Symposium
The Honors Institute is hosting a bi-annual undergraduate research symposium. Any Seminole State student is invited to apply to participate.
Spring 2024 Symposium
Key Dates & Deadlines
- February 28: Application deadline to fill out the request to participate form below.
- March 25: Poster finalized, approved by faculty mentor, and sent to Honors Director Tracy Harbin.
- April 1: Oviedo Campus - Be available to attend the symposium at Oviedo campus (F 107) from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- April 3: SLM Campus - Be available to attend the SLM campus (Library) symposium from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Who Should Participate
Seminole State students are invited to participate in the research symposium to gain experience in presenting research in a condensed format while speaking to field experts and those who may be outside the discipline. This format allows students to talk about their research in a one-on-one and a small group environment. It is an opportunity to practice presenting research before attending regional or national conferences.
- Fill out our Request to Participate below.
- Visit our Guidelines on Preparing your Research in a Poster Format.
- Visit our Tips on Giving a Poster Session Presentation.
In the event that space becomes limited, the following prioritization will be used to accept applicants:
- Students required to participate as part of Honors coursework
- Students working on research with a faculty member
- Students who are planning on participating in an external conference
- Honors and/or PTK students
- Any Seminole State student nearing graduation
- All other applicants