Peer Mentor Program
Mentoring is a one-on-one relationship between a second-year student (mentor) and a first-year student (mentee). Being a mentor offers a great opportunity to develop leadership and communication skills.
Be a Peer Mentor!
To be a Peer Mentor for the First Year Experience, you must:
- Be a 2nd year student with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have completed all courses from the previous term with a grade of "C" or higher
- Be available to serve in the upcoming Summer and Fall terms
- Be able to maintain confidentiality
- Attend all trainings and events
- For students interested in being a first-generation mentor, preference will be given to Densch scholars & first generation in college students (neither parent has earned a four-year Bachelor's degree)
How to Apply
Peer Mentor applications are open now. Click here to apply.Important!
Selected Peer Mentors will serve July through December (training begins in the summer term and mentoring in the fall term).
To apply for the Peer Mentor Program, you must:
- Complete the Peer Mentor Application in Raider Connect
- Attach your responses to the prompts indicated on the application
- Submit one completed Reference Form (included in the application)
If selected for an interview, applicants will be notified via email or phone. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have questions, contact Dr. Jan Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.