Wayne M. Densch First Generation Scholarship Program
Through a generous donation from Wayne M. Densch Charities, Inc., this formal scholarship program is available to qualifying incoming first-time freshmen each Fall term, and provides funding and comprehensive support services, including:
- Academic advisement
- Financial aid assistance
- Social activities and workshops
- Peer mentoring
Students in the Wayne M. Densch Scholarship Program:
- Receive a scholarship (Fall and Spring terms) for up to two consecutive years at Seminole State
- Assigned advisors to assist through every step of the process, including academic advising and financial aid assistance, getting involved on campus, and transfer preparation
- Peer mentoring, social activities, and workshops to enhance your college experience
To be eligible for the Wayne M. Densch Scholarship Program, you must:
- Be a first-time-in-college student enrolling for the fall 2021 term (cannot have attended any post-secondary institution before coming to Seminole State)
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent has completed a bachelor's degree - in the U.S. or abroad)
- Show financial need (Pell Grant eligible as determined by 2021-2022 FAFSA)
- Have a high school GPA of 2.0 or higher (cumulative)
How to Apply
To apply for the Wayne M. Densch Scholarship Program, follow these steps:
The Fall 2021 application is now closed.
Check back in January for Fall 2022.
- Apply and be accepted to Seminole State.
- Complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA. Seminole State’s school code is 001520.
- Submit the completed scholarship application. The following documents must be attached to your scholarship application:
- An essay describing your extra-curricular activities; educational and career goals; and how this scholarship would help you reach your goals (500 word max)
- Full FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) - for instructions, visit the student aid website. For help with your FAFSA, contact TRiO Connections.
- One letter of recommendation
Scholarship applications with missing documents will not be considered.
Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore, students are encouraged to apply early for consideration.
Students in this scholarship program will receive support services from the First Generation Program office for the full duration of their time at Seminole State.
Scholarship Renewal Requirements for 2021-22
Scholarship recipients will be granted up to one additional one-year scholarship toward their degree provided the student meets the following criteria:
- Maintain a College GPA of 2.0 or higher and complete 67% of all courses attempted
- Attend at least 6 campus events per year (3 Fall, 3 Spring)
- Meet with your First Generation Advisor at least once a semester for academic advising and financial aid information
- Enroll in a designated first year class in the fall 2021 term