Management Pathway Associate in Arts
If you possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills, a career in management might be an ideal fit for you. As a student here, you’ll gain the high-level skills needed to seamlessly transfer to a university, which can lead to a wide range of career opportunities for you in the future.
Getting Started: Fall 2019
June 4: Financial Aid
Aug. 13: Application
Aug. 20: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Affordable tuition: Earn a state university education at about half the cost.
- Small class sizes: With classes of 30 or less, you don’t have to learn in an auditorium.
- Online degree option: The courses for our A.A. degree are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
- Seamless transition: With your A.A. degree, you can stay at Seminole State to continue your progress toward a bachelor’s degree in a high-demand field.
- Guaranteed transfer: Earn your A.A. here, and take advantage of guaranteed admission to UCF or one of Florida’s other state universities for your bachelor’s.
- More than 90 University Transfer Pathways: Take prerequisite courses for majors in various fields from accounting to theater.
Management Pathway Associate in Arts
Subplan Code : MGT-AA
Educational Plan: MGT-AA
The Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree is designed for transfer to an upper-division public college or university in the state of Florida. Students will complete the A.A. General degree, including common program prerequisites for their program of choice.
The following sample courses are listed for illustrative purposes only, are based on the state of Florida common prerequisites manual and university transfer counseling manuals and are subject to change without warning. Many universities have unique additional requirements for entry to the major. Students must work with Student Affairs advisors, counselors or specialists to make sure required courses are taken and entry requirements are met for the college/university program of their choice.
Students may also refer to the online A.A. Transfer Evaluation through the FloridaShines website (previously FLVC.org) for more information on their transfer program of choice.
Completion of the A.A. General degree to include the following pathway courses for the major:
*MAC 1105 OR MAC 1114 OR MAC 1140 OR MAC 1147 OR MAC 2311 with a grade of "C" or higher, or sufficient score on placement test is a required prerequisite for MAC 2233.
Students enrolled in Seminole State College’s baccalaureate degree programs must demonstrate foreign language proficiency. Students who have previously received a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution are exempt from this requirement. Additionally, per Florida Statute 1007.25, “Beginning with students entering a Florida College System institution or state university as FTIC in 2014-2015 and thereafter, coursework for an associate in arts degree shall include demonstration of competency in a foreign language.”
** Denotes that a class is a State of Florida General Education Core Course.
Textbook information will be available online for each term's courses 45 days prior to the first day of classes for the term.
Each course offered by Seminole State is listed alphabetically and organized by the course prefix, catalog number and description. The courses in this catalog are identified by prefixes and numbers that were assigned by Florida's Statewide Course Numbering System, a system used by all public postsecondary institutions in Florida and 32 non-public institutions. Seminole State controls the description, credit and content of its own courses.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment plans that make sense. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$6,480||$6,379|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,220||$10,666||$10,010|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$850||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2019-20 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 terms, with 15 credit hours per term for in-state students. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on information provided on each university's website. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.