Interior Design Associate in Science
Design, function and accessibility are words that make your creative brain hum. Bringing together form, fashion and function to create living and working spaces that make trends come to life is your passion. This nationally recognized program taught by Florida-licensed professionals with industry experience will help you turn your passion into your career.
Getting Started: Fall Term 2021
June 14: Financial Aid
Aug. 16: Application
Aug. 23: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Affordable tuition: Earn a state university education at about half the cost.
- Small class sizes: With classes of 30 or less, you don’t have to learn in an auditorium.
- Online degree option: Most courses for our A.S. degrees are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
- Seamless transition: Most A.S. graduates earn credits that can be applied to a bachelor's degree at Seminole State or at the University of Central Florida through DirectConnect™ to UCF.*
- Job Placement: According to state data, most Seminole State A.S. programs have placement rates above 90 percent.
*A.S. students who are planning to transfer to bachelor's degree programs should meet with a counselor, advisor or specialist to make sure the required courses are taken and the entry requirements are met.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and great value. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$6,538||$6,379|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,590||$11,088||$10,300|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$890||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2020-21 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 terms, with 15 credit hours per term for in-state students. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on information provided on each university's website. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
This A.S. degree is transferable into the Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) in Interior Design offered at Seminole State College.
Graduates of Seminole State's Interior Design Program typically find career opportunities in:
- Architectural Layout and Design
- Commercial Interior Design
- Healthcare and Barrier-free Design
- Green/Sustainable Design
- Hospitality and Entertainment Design
- Commercial Kitchen and Restaurant Design
- Educational and Research Design
- Government Facility Interior Design
- Space Planning and Modeling
- Facilities and Project Management
- Residential Interior Design
- Exhibit Design
- Product and Furniture Design
- Sales/Manufacturer Representation
- Set Design
- Luxury Motor Coach and Yacht Design
- Specialty Lighting Design