Most students do not understand the importance of accreditation when selecting a college or university. Making a wise choice and considering an institution's accreditation can save you money, time and disappointment.
Below you will find several Web links that will enhance your understanding of accreditation. Refer to these links for help evaluating the schools you are considering.
Informing the Public About Accreditation: Provides information about a variety of topics, including:
- What does "accredited" mean?
- Who are the accreditors?
- How does accreditation work?
- What accrediting organizations are regionally and nationally recognized?
The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA): Provides information about regional accrediting agencies
- The Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- Accreditation and Its Value to You
- Types of Accreditation: What's the Difference?
- Degree Mills and Accreditation Mills
U.S. Department of Education Accreditation Database: Provides a catalog of accredited postsecondary institutions and programs