Job Shadow Employer Information
The Job Shadow Program provides students the opportunity to explore career paths and options, experience a professional work environment, connect with professionals in their career field of interest, and observe skills and job tasks related to their career field.
- Short term (Duration: 1 day to 5 days)
- Winter Break Program: December
- Spring Program: May
- Summer Break Program: August
- Opportunity for employers to brand their organization and identify top talent for internship or professional positions
- The Job Shadow Program is open to all students attending Seminole State College of Florida (freshmen with little or no work experience that are eager to explore various career fields, to non-traditional students with previous experience and a wealth of skills)
- No fees to participate (for employer hosts or students)
- Design a job shadow experience that would give students a good overview of the profession and/or industry. This may be accomplished by having students:
- perform actual tasks
- attend staff meetings
- shadow staff members
- interview key departmental staff
- observe client/stakeholder interactions
- experience employee demonstration of industry-specific software or tools
- visit worksites
- Structure job shadowing experience based on their company, industry and profession
- Experience should be more than an extended “pitch”
- Hosts are strongly encouraged to create an agenda that includes who the student(s) will be shadowing (can be more than one person), what they will be exposed to, Q & A time, etc.
- May host multiple job shadow students in various career focus areas
Employers can register for the Job Shadow Program by completing the
Job Shadow Program - Employer Interest Form.
For a quick reference guide, please download the Job Shadow Program Employer Guide