Who We Are
Seminole State College of Florida is a full-service education provider, offering bachelor's degrees; two-year college-credit degrees (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.); specialized career certificates; continuing professional education; adult education; and an array of culturally stimulating events and timely guest speakers.
If you're a recent high school graduate just beginning your educational journey; a professional seeking training to change careers or upgrade your job skills; a community member looking to enhance your quality of life through adult education classes; or someone who's searching to learn more about a special interest, Seminole State is here for you.
Seminole State College of Florida enhances the educational, economic, and cultural vitality of our region by providing exemplary learning opportunities for the diverse community we serve.
Seminole State College of Florida will be a national leader in academic programs and services, cultivating equitable and excellent student outcomes, career advancement, and civic engagement in a global society through a collaborative and inclusive environment.
Our Strategic Goals
Strategic Goal 1: For Our Students...
- Increase student engagement and student participation in learning processes.
- Improve graduation rates and accelerate student progress to credential completion.
- Close the gap in achievement rates for minority and underserved students.
- Maintain high rates of career placement and improve rates of baccalaureate transition.
Strategic Goal 2: For Our Employees...
- Build a College culture of employee satisfaction.
- Achieve External Recognition as a Great Place to Work.
- Ensure staffing levels are ideal and compensation levels are competitive.
Strategic Goal 3: For Our Region...
- Increase the proportion of working adults in the region with postsecondary credentials.
- Achieve community perception as a preferred educational destination.
- Enhance community participation in cultural, community, and educational activities.