If you plan on taking an exam and the exam requires payment, testing fees must be paid by credit card, money order or check. No cash is accepted at this time.
Retaking the PERT
To be eligible to retake the PERT, Seminole State students must refresh their skills.
- In compliance with State Board Rule 6A-10.0315, students may take the PERT only three times at the college level.
- Between the initial PERT and the PERT retake(s), each student must complete a remediation program.
- Acceptable remediation shall be a diagnostic exam plus an internet-based remediation for the deficient skills found via the diagnostic exam.
Steps to Retake the PERT
Formal PERT Remediation has resumed effective May, 2nd 2022.
Students should follow these easy steps to complete the state requirement.
- Walk In Testing for the PERT Diagnostic is available. Please plan 2 hours to test. The Testing Specialist will set the $10.00 fee for the diagnostic exam. Appointments are available on campus only. You may test for the diagnostic the same day as your initial appointment, if time allows. Please confer with the Testing Specialist.
- Take the diagnostic exam. The exam is 50 questions per subtest. Please do not be late for your exam. To take the total exam, please allow approximately two (2) hours.
- Receive your test results and learn how to access the PERT Remediation from the testing specialist. Based on each student’s skill deficiency as shown by the diagnostic tests, the PERT Remediation will provide instructions about the specific skill and practice exams to check mastery. Tutoring is also available in the Academic Success Center (ASC).
- Meet with the Academic Success Center (ASC) . They will confirm that you have successfully completed the remediation by demonstrating skill mastery. You cannot retest without signed approval.
- Schedule and Pay for the PERT retest. Although the initial PERT testing is free, the retest cost is $10.00. Please visit https://www.seminolestate.edu/testing/appointments/pert to make your appointment. The Testing Specialist will set your fee during appointment verification. The cost to retake the PERT is $10.00 per testing session (whether you take one  or three  subtest, the cost remains at $10.00.)
- Students may only take the PERT three (3) times at the college level within a two-year period and must refresh before each attempt.
- Students with the following initial scores on PERT will take the PERT Diagnostic and then self-remediate: Reading (101) | Writing (98) | Math (109)
- Students who have withdrawn from a course MUST go through the PERT Refresh Program.
- Before Testing: Take time to study concepts previously learned in arithmetic, reading comprehension and sentence skills. Visit the PERT Test Resources PERT Student Study Guide.
PERT Exam Scores
After you have completed the PERT, contact Academic Advising and Counseling for score interpretation. Your advisor will help you interpret your test scores and place you in the appropriate courses.
- Follow up: Complete the online student orientation, and schedule an advising appointment with the Academic Advising and Counseling Department.
- You may go directly to advisement if you have already completed the online orientation.
Assessment and Testing offers PERT testing at via walk -in. Please review our hours of operations for availability.
Examination Day Reminders
- Prior to taking any examination, you will need to present a current, valid and original photo ID with a signature (e.g., passport, driver’s license or state-issued ID card).
- If your photo ID does not include a signature, a second ID is required with your name and signature (e.g., Social Security card, voter registration card, credit card or debit card).
- The PERT Diagnostic is administered on a computer. Paper and pencil will be provided for the math portion so you can work out your answers.