PERT Review Program
If you are taking an exam that requires requires payment (i.e. PERT Diagnostic), testing fees must be paid by credit card, money order or check. Effective Spring 2020 Seminole State College is cashless.
Retaking the PERT
To be eligible to retake the PERT, Seminole State students must refresh their skills.
- Students may take the PERT three times at the college level.
- Students must complete the the PERT Review Program before each re-take.
- Students with the following minimum initial scores on PERT may take the PERT Diagnostic and self-review: Reading (101) | Writing (98) | Math (109)
- Students who have withdrawn from a course MUST go through the PERT Review Program prior to taking the PERT.
- Dual Enrollment students are not required to complete the PERT Review Program
- Take time to study concepts previously learned in arithmetic, reading comprehension, and sentence skills. Visit the PERT Test Resources PERT Student Study Guide.
Steps to Retake the PERT
Students must follow these steps to be permitted to retake the PERT:
- Take the PERT Diagnostic.
- Walk-in testing is available. If time permits, you may test for the PERT Diagnostic the same day as your initial PERT attempt.
- Plan approximately two hours to test.
- A $10.00* test fee is applicable.
- Receive your PERT Diagnostic results and access the PERT Review materials.
- As shown by the Diagnostic, the PERT Review will provide instructions regarding specific skills to practice and quizzes to check mastery.
- Tutoring is available at the Academic Success Center (ASC).
- Meet with the Academic Success Center.
- A tutor will confirm that you have successfully completed the PERT Review Program by demonstrating skills mastery. You cannot retest without ASC approval.
- Retake the PERT.
- Walk-in testing is available.
- Although the initial PERT attempt is free, a $10* test fee is applicable to retest.
* Test fees are subject to change and non-refundable.
PERT Exam Scores
After you have completed the PERT, contact Academic Advising and Counseling for score interpretation. Your advisor will help you interpret your test scores and place you in the appropriate courses.
- Follow up: Complete the online student orientation, and schedule an advising appointment with the Academic Advising and Counseling Department.
- You may go directly to advisement if you have already completed the online orientation.
Assessment and Testing offers PERT Diagnostic and PERT testing via walk -in. Please review our hours of operation for availability.
Examination Day Reminders
- Prior to taking any examination, you will need to present a current, valid and original photo ID with a signature (e.g., passport, driver’s license or state-issued ID card).
- If your photo ID does not include a signature, a second ID is required with your name and signature (e.g., Social Security card, voter registration card, credit card or debit card).
- The PERT Diagnostic is administered on a computer. Paper and pencil will be provided for the math portion so you can work out your answers.