Guidelines for Placing Posters and Flyers on Campus
Seminole State College has developed a set of guidelines to govern the hanging of posters and flyers around campus. These guidelines are intended to:
- Facilitate greater campus community engagement and better communication of campus events
- Keep the College's buildings clean and in good condition
- Ensure consistency with College standards for publications
- Comply with relevant College policies and procedures
Seminole State defines a "poster" or "flyer" as any form of print publicity — with no regard to size, shape or content — that is displayed in a public area. Outside business or organizations wanting to market on campus must follow College procedure 1.1000 before posting any items.
The following policies and regulations must be adhered to when placing posters and flyers on any Seminole State campus:
- The Student Life Office must approve and stamp all posters and flyers prepared by students and student organizations before posting occurs on campus.
- Budget managers for respective departments must approve and stamp all posters and flyers prepared by college faculty, staff, administrators, departments.
- The name of the sponsoring office or organization must be clearly indicated on the poster or flyer.
All posters and flyers must be in good taste. Poor taste includes, but is not limited to: sexually explicit pictures or photographs of any persons without clothing; statements, symbols, depictions or references to alcohol or drugs (i.e. pictures of beer, kegs, beer steins or the acronym "BYOB"); foul language; and any other offensive or vulgar material.
- Bulletin boards shall be used for all marketing inside buildings. Use thumb tacks, staples and/or tape to place posters and flyers on bulletin boards. Adhesive putty or adhesive pads (3M Command or similar) shall be used to secure posters and flyers to exterior walls. The use of any other type of adhesive and/or anchoring device is not permitted under any circumstances.
- Only one poster or flyer regarding any one event is allowed on each bulletin board.
- Only three posters or flyers regarding any one event may be placed in each area, corridor, hallway, or room.
- When posting on exterior walls, posters and flyers must be placed two or more feet from all doorways.
- Posters and flyers may not be placed on top of any existing materials on the College's bulletin boards or walls.
- Posters and flyers are not permitted in the following locations at any time:
- Building’s Doors
- Bathroom partitions and mirrors
- The College's library, gymnasium, Fine Arts Concert Hall, Fine Arts Theatre or Weldon Administration Building (building A)
- Light or electrical fixtures, including outdoor light poles.
- Fire alarm boxes and emergency equipment
- Campus directories
- Trash receptacles
- Elevator interiors
- Interior walls
- The posting organization, department or individual is responsible for removing all posters and flyers within 24 hours of the conclusion of the publicized event.
- Students, faculty and staff should not remove posters or flyers from campus unless the publicized event has already occurred or the poster is in clear violation of any of the aforementioned regulations.
Exempted from these guidelines.
- Any communication approved by the college Emergency Response Team (ERT) and/or Public Safety Authorities.
- Any communication related to campus closure.
- Any communication related to enrollment approved by the Associate Vice President of Admissions & Enrollment Services.
If you have any questions or concerns about Seminole State's posting policy, please contact the Office of Student Life at 407.708.2611 and the College Marketing and Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org