|Based on board policy number and Florida Statutes:
||F. S. 1001.64; College Policy 1.130
|Date of Review:
||05/09; 08/11; 11/2014
The purpose of this procedure is to describe the process and guidelines for submitting requests for solicitation, posting/distribution of notices by persons or organizations outside of Seminole State College.
- Requests and Registration
- All requests for solicitation and posting/distribution of notices including, but not limited to, commercial advertising, notices, flyers, publications, or other forms of communication intended for students must be submitted to the Office of Student Life at each respective campus for approval prior to posting on campus property. If requests are related to student recruitment by employers or other academic institutions, the Career Development Center will be consulted by the Office of Student Life prior to approval per Procedure 3.0701.
- All requests for solicitation, posting/distribution of notices including, but not limited to, commercial advertising, notices, flyers, publications or other forms of communication intended for employees must be submitted to the Human Resources office for approval prior to posting on campus property.
- All requests for solicitation, posting/distribution of materials intended for a general audience (both students and employees) must be submitted to the Office of Student Life at each respective campus for approval prior to posting on campus property. The Office of Student Life will coordinate with other College departments as necessary.
- All requests require the completion of a form with the requester’s name, name of business/organization, address, and requested date and time of activity.
- Approved requests for solicitation and posting of notices will be registered and given a registration number and expiration date. The expiration date for posted materials will be ten (10) business days from the date of registration. Approved requests for solicitation (table events) will designate the number of sequential days this is allowed on campus, generally no more than 1-2 days.
- Approved Locations
- The posting or distribution of commercial materials is restricted to specific locations on each respective campus. The College representative will communicate these locations upon approval.
- Posting, distribution or otherwise affixing printed material or other items on vehicles parked in College parking facilities is prohibited.
- Publications may be distributed from bins or racks only in designated areas.
- General Guidelines
- Anything posted on campus in an unapproved area, without a registration number, and/or without an expiration date will be immediately removed.
- Anyone soliciting or posting/distributing notices on campus without registration or in an unapproved area is trespassing and subject to arrest and prosecution.
- Solicitation and posting/distribution of commercial materials must not have the immediate potential of disrupting classroom or general campus life.
- Solicitors must not obstruct vehicular, bicycle, pedestrian, or other traffic.
- Solicitors must not obstruct entrances or exits to buildings or driveways, or impede entry to or exit from any building or parking lot or vehicular path.
- The College’s name, marks, logos, insignias, seals, colors, designs and symbols will not be used in joint advertising without the permission of the President or designee.
- Product or service sales are not permitted on campus without the prior, express, and written permission of the College.
- The College reserves the right to enter into agreement with commercial concerns in support of college events and services. Co-sponsored activities will be considered official college functions and will not be subject to the above restrictions.
- Any person who observes inappropriate activity relevant to this procedure should be report it to the Office of Student Life or Campus Safety and Security for follow-up.
- All approved requests must adhere to all other College policies and procedures.
||President, E.Ann McGee