12th Grade

Want to know more?

Request More Info

Senior year is the beginning of your next chapter. You’re preparing for graduation and saying goodbye to high school while at the same time looking ahead and planning for what’s next. Here are some tips to help you have a smooth transition.  

Check if the School You’re Interested in has an Open House Day

Attending an on-campus event for high school seniors is the perfect way to see the campus, meet faculty and staff and ask questions you’re still not sure about.

Submit Your College Application

Apply online, attend a virtual application day or visit your local campus if you need help. 

Applying early takes the stress out of not knowing or missing deadlines due to errors on your application or incomplete information. 

Once you’ve been accepted, there are additional steps you’ll need to take before enrolling in classes. Check off each step as you complete them. 

Submit Your Financial Aid Documents

The amount of aid and scholarships you’re awarded is based on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Submit it as soon as possible after Oct. 1 to prevent any delays receiving money. Seminole State’s Federal School Code is 001520.

TRiO Connections is a community partnership to assist first-time college individuals requesting assistance to apply to any post-secondary educational institution, financial aid assistance, and Jump Start! programs into career and technical programs.

Research additional scholarships offered through the school or private organizations and meet submission deadlines. 

Consider Starting in the Summer

A great way to get a head start and ease into college is by enrolling in summer classes. If you plan to pursue your degree at Seminole State in the fall, consider enrolling in our Summer Bridge Program. This program helps first-time-in-college students easily transition to college and develop skills for future success. The best part? There are no out-of-pocket expenses!

Submit Your Transcripts

Most universities require your in-progress transcript at the time of application as well as your final transcript once you graduate. At Seminole State, we need your transcript only after you complete high school. Be sure to send it as soon as you graduate. If you request a hard copy from your high school, don’t open it. Once it’s opened, it’s no longer official. You’ll also need to submit college transcripts if you took dual enrollment classes – colleges don’t accept college coursework listed on your high school transcript. 

Determine if you need to submit your placement test scores. If you do, contact the testing organization directly (SAT/ACT) to have them sent. If you’re planning to attend Seminole State, we also accept PERT and ACCUPLACER test scores.


Seminole State College
100 Weldon Boulevard
Sanford, Florida 32773