Calling all 2022 high school graduates! Get a head start on your college career this summer by enrolling in our Summer Bridge program.
This program helps first-time-in-college students easily transition to college courses and develop crucial skills for future success. The best part? There are no out-of-pocket expenses for the student! The Summer Bridge program uses available financial aid and/or institutional funds to cover tuition, fees and books so students can get started and GO Far!
Space is limited, so submit your interest form and apply for admission by June 3 to secure your seat!
- No out-of-pocket expenses (tuition, fees and books included). The College will use a combination of financial aid and/or institutional funds to cover the student's costs.
- Take two classes during Summer 2022 B Session, which runs June 22-Aug. 3.
- Access to college resources such as academic advisors, peer mentors, tutors and co-curricular activities.
- Students are required to enroll in IDS 1107 First Year Experience Flightpath: Chart your Course. Through this course, students will explore various career pathways, resources at the College and more.
- Students will select one course from the list below as their second course.
- ENC 1101 English I
- SPC 1608 Speech Communication
- HUM 2020 Experiencing the Humanities
- AMH 2020 US History 1865-Present
"For someone who did not even want to go to college, I had a whole change of mindset after being a part of the [Summer Bridge] program. It has opened many opportunities for me and it has gotten me more excited for the fall semester."
2021 Summer Bridge participant
To be eligible to enroll in this program, students must:
- Be a 2022 high school graduate interested in earning an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree.
- Submit the Interest Form.
- Submit an Application for Admission for an A.A. degree for Summer Term 2022 and be accepted to Seminole State, if you haven't already done so.
- Be classified as an in-state Florida resident.
- Complete the First-Time-In-College Students Steps to Enroll.
- Submit a 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students who have submitted a 2022-23 FAFSA are required to complete this step.
The Summer Bridge program was created in collaboration with Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS). While priority will be given to SCPS graduating seniors, all 2022 Florida spring graduates are welcome to apply! Please note, you do NOT have to wait until graduating to complete the interest form and apply for admission.
The deadline to submit the Interest Form and Application for Admission is June 3.
*Available financial aid, including pell grants, will be used to cover the costs of the Summer Bridge program. Any remaining costs will be covered by institutional funds so there will be no out-of-pocket costs to the student.