Calling 2023 high school graduates! Get a head start on your college career this summer by enrolling in our Summer Bridge program.
This program helps first-time-in-college students easily transition to college courses and develop crucial skills for future success. The best part? There are no out-of-pocket expenses for the student! The Summer Bridge program uses available financial aid and/or institutional funds to cover tuition, fees and books so students can get started and GO Far!
Space is limited. Students must submit the interest form, application for Summer 2023 admission, and the 2022-2023 FAFSA by June 1, 2023 to be considered.
Virtual Information Sessions
If you have questions or just want to learn more, you can register for a virtual information session to see if the Summer Bridge program is right for you.
- Tuesday, March 21 at 6 p.m.
- Monday, March 27 at 6 p.m. (Spanish)
- Monday, April 10 at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 12 at 6 p.m. (Spanish)
- Monday, April 24 at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 10 at 6 p.m.
- Monday, May 22 at 5 p.m.
Missed the sessions? Email email@example.com to request more information.
- No out-of-pocket expenses (tuition, fees and books included). The College will use a combination of financial aid and/or institutional funds to cover the student's costs.
- Take two classes during Summer 2023 B Session, which runs June 21-Aug. 2.
- Access to college resources such as academic advisors, peer mentors, tutors and co-curricular activities.
- Classes are available online or in-person at Sanford/Lake Mary, Oviedo, and Altamonte campuses.
- Students are required to enroll in IDS 1107 First Year Experience Flightpath: Chart your Course. Through this course, students will explore various career pathways, resources at the College and more.
- Students will select one course from the list below as their second course.
- ENC 1101 English I
- SPC 1608 Speech Communication
- HUM 2020 Experiencing the Humanities
- AMH 2020 US History 1865-Present
- POS 2041 U.S. Government
"I think the program provides a free and smooth transition into college. 10/10 would recommend."
2022 Summer Bridge participant
To be considered for this program, students must:
- Be a 2023 high school graduate interested in earning an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree.
- Submit an Application for Admission for an A.A. degree for Summer Term 2023 and be accepted to Seminole State.
- Submit the Interest Form.
- Be classified as an in-state Florida resident.
- Submit a 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students who have submitted a 2023-24 FAFSA are required to complete this step.
- Submit your final high school transcript in June before classes begin. (You do not need your final high school transcript to register.)
The Summer Bridge program was created in collaboration with Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS). While priority will be given to SCPS graduating seniors, all 2023 Florida spring graduates are welcome to apply! Please note, you do NOT have to wait until graduating to complete the interest form and apply for admission.
The deadline to submit the Interest Form, Application for Admission, and 2022-2023 FAFSA is Thursday June 1, 2023.
*Available financial aid, including pell grants, will be used to cover the costs of the Summer Bridge program. Any remaining costs will be covered by institutional funds so there will be no out-of-pocket costs to the student.