TRIO Connections of Central Florida
The Educational Opportunity Centers (EOC) program is one of the federal TRiO programs, a group of eight outreach programs funded by the U.S. Department of Education that are designed to support and assist individuals in enrolling in or returning to a post-secondary institution.
TRIO Connections has developed community partnerships throughout Seminole, Orange, and Volusia Counties. Our services are free to participants and support participants within the community regarding post-secondary education, career exploration, tutoring services, mentoring, financial literacy and general assistance.
- Community Student Financial Aid Event
- Virtual Free Application For Student Aid Application Assistance for First-Time in College (FTIC) Students
The 2022-2023 FAFSA application opens October 1, 2021. If you need assistance with completing the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Members/Parent
To schedule an appointment, visit our calendar here for assistance with the following:
- College Application
- Essay Applications
- Student Financial Aid Information
- Admission Process
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Florida Bright Futures
- State and Local Scholarships & Grants
- Face-to-Face FAFSA Events
TRiO Connections will accommodate F2F services upon request. Please view our calendar for upcoming dates.
*** Due to COVID-19, TRiO Connections will attempt to accommodate a limited number of face-to-face (F2F) appointments. These appointments are limited to a student & two (2) accompanying adults. These are first-come first-serve appointments.
To request a F2F appointment, please review: https://www.seminolestate.edu/trio/events
We are required to follow CDC guidelines, will practice social distancing, and face masks are required.
To promote a safe environment, each family will be assigned a specific time slot and day. Families that show up 10 minutes after their scheduled appointment time will forfeit their appointment and need to reschedule for another available time slot. ***
FAFSA Appointment Information
Do you have an appointment with TRiO to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)? Here is a list of required documents for your appointment:
- FSA ID login and password
- Website: FSAID.ed.gov
- Social Security number and/or Alien Registration number
- Tax returns, W-2's, and other records of money earned
- If you are enrolling in Summer 2022, you will need 2019 tax information.
- If you are enrolling in Fall 2022 or Spring 2023, you will use 2020 tax information.
- FSA ID: Federal Student Aid Account Management
- FAFSA Application: Complete the FAFSA®
- Facebook Page: @SSCTRIOConnections
- Scholarship Opportunities: Seminole County Public Schools
- Seminole State College First Generation: First Generation
- Wayne M. Densch First Generation Scholarship
- How to Search/Register for classes: Search/Register
- How to accept/defer financial aid awards: Accept/Defer