August 1, 2020 - April 30, 2021 Program Plan
- Organize Fall Kickoff Workshop presenting leadership tips and summary of program elements.
- Schedule two Book Clubs that build skills for women aspiring to senior leadership.
- Host two Job Advancement workshops focusing on preparing for promotion and building a toolkit of skills needed for senior leadership.
- Host a leadership conference in spring (virtual or in-person based on COVID cases).
- Attend ACE Women's Network - Florida Central Region conference, if offered.
- Attend ACE Women's Network - Florida State Conference, if offered.
* Planned activities may be offered remotely.
Past Program Activity
Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 Plans
- Offer a Fall kickoff workshop featuring a panel of female leaders discussing strategies that have advanced their careers at Seminole State - September 12.
- Host "Invest in Yourself" Workshops in partnership with Human Resources.
- Part 1 - October 8, 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Part 2 - October 22, 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Host two Book Clubs.
- The Confidence Code
Fridays - 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
Location - SLM L309 starting September 13
- Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office
Tuesdays - 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
Location - SLM A123 starting September 17
- The Confidence Code
- Coordinate a Job Shadowing program at the College, modeled after the ACE Women’s Network – Florida program.
Deadline to submit applications is October 18, 2019.
- Host a Women’s Leadership Conference - February 21, 2020.
- Foster community engagement skills with opportunities to represent the College at various off-campus events.
Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 Plan Completion
- Hold a planning meeting for the Steering Committee. Review program outline; plan meet-and-greet. Meet-and-greet offered 11.09.18.
- Meet with Dr. Lorenz; obtain support for Women Moving Forward, including ACE and NAWBO elements. Meeting 09.17.18; endorsement by Dr. Lorenz.
- Attend regional meeting in Melbourne. Three representatives attended, 09.07.18.
- Create calendar for 2018-19. Completed 09.18.18.
- Host a meet-and-greet for female employees. Meet-and-greet offered 11.09.18.
- Seek input on desired programs and activities designed to support development. Survey of all female employees via email in November 2018; results supplemented by written surveys 11.09.18.
- Link health disciplines’ faculty to NAWBO Wellness for Winning event (October). Completed 03.25.19.
- Meet with Dean Hugh Moore for specific involvement. Completed 07.03.18.
- Initiate webpage. Completed 03.25.19.
- Attend State Conference. Completed 04.11.19.
- Offer two skill-building workshops.Completed 02.01.19 and 03.19.19.
- Provide opportunities for campus constituents to attend networking events sponsored by various community partners. Completed 05.09.19.
2018-19 Action Items
|Date Added||Item||Date Completed|
|08.08.18||Develop meeting schedule for Fall and Spring, every two weeks||08.08.18|
|08.08.18||Develop Women Moving Forwardwebsite.||03.25.19|
|08.08.18||Meet-and-greet with new President, Dr. Georgia Lorenz.||08.22.18|
|08.08.18||Review list of faculty members not selected for Standing Committee roles in Spring 2018; invite to Steering Committee.||08.22.18|
|09.25.18||Offer Convocation workshop: “Women Moving Forward: Lessons in Leadership.” Four College leaders discussing their career paths, mentors, formative experiences, and advice.||09.25.18|
|10.01.18||Establish dedicated email address, WomenMovingForward@seminolestate.edu||10.18.18|
|11.09.18||Offer Kickoff Workshop for Women Moving Forward:||11.09.18|
|01.08.19||Create two cohorts, book club for Spring 2019.||01.19.19|
|01.22.19||Form 2019-2020 planning sub teams.||01.22.19|
|02.01.19||Offer skill-building workshop, "Finding the Connections" - networking tips from Dr. John Gyllin, Vice President of Resource Development and Executive Director of the Foundation for Seminole State College||02.01.19|
|02.25.19||Plan for April 23 joint social, book club Spring 2019 cohorts 1 and 2.||04.23.19|
|03.19.19||Offer skill-building workshop, “Committee Roles: Your Stepping Stone to Leadership Experience” workshop.||03.19.19|
|04.17.19||Schedule June 25 social for Summer 2019 Lean In book club.||05.01.19|
|04.17.19||Select a Dean to replace Hugh Moore.||06.17.19|
|04.23.19||Poll female employees re: book club selections, 2019-20.||06.10.19|
|04.23.19||Develop/orient a pool to attend community events.||05.25.19|
|04.23.19||Complete 2018-19 Annual Report, 2019-2020 Program Plan for ACE Women's Network - Florida.||05.22.19|
|05.14.19||Prepare SkillSoft list: women's leadership.|
|06.04.19||Design craft activity for December book club planning meeting.|
Equity and Diversity/Title IX – 05.31.18, updated 07.02.18, 07.10.18, 07.25.18, 08.09.18, 08.24.18, 04.16.19, 05.03.19, 06.17.19, 08.18.20