Beginning January 1, 2004, successful passage of Child Care Training Exams will be required to successfully complete the following training modules:
Part I Modules
- State and Local Rules and Regulations
- Health, Safety and Nutrition
- Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
- Child Growth and Development, Behavioral Observation and Screening
Part II Modules
- Infant and Toddler Appropriate Practices
- Pre-School Appropriate Practices
- School-Age Appropriate Practices
- Special Needs Appropriate Practices
30-Hour Family Child Care
The Child Care Training Exams will be offered at approved exam sites within each local Child Care Training Coordinating Agency (TCA) service area.
Individuals must schedule their Child Care Training Exams using the processes listed below.
Scheduling an Exam
You are required to schedule your exam(s) through the Child Care, Services Exam Scheduling Center using a statewide toll free telephone number, 1- 888-375-EXAM(3926). The hours of operation are, 8am -5pm (EST) Monday-Friday.
Before you call, please be prepared to provide the following:
- Your Social Security number
- Title of the child care training courses for which you need to schedule an exam
- The date(s) and time(s) you will be available to take the exam(s)
After scheduling your exam(s), you will receive a confirmation letter with information about the location and directions to the exam site, date, time and cost of the exam(s). In addition, the letter will provide information payment for your exams.
The cost of each exam is $1.00 per course-instructional hour. For example, the cost of taking an exam for a 10-clock-hour course would be $10.00.
The cost of each exam for High School students is $.50 per course-instructional hour. For example, the cost for High School students to take an exam for a 10-clock-hour course would be $5.00.