Criminal Justice Class Fees and Dates
The Law Enforcement and Corrections academies are limited-access programs. Students must complete the Seminole State Admissions application process as well as the Criminal Justice Training Center application and interview process before gaining acceptance into either program.
- Criminal Justice admission requirements
- There will be no face-to-face information sessions until further notice. Please view the power point presentation for information on the basic law enforcement academy. If you have questions, please call 407.708.2299 or 407.708.2187.
To be eligible for in-state tuition and fees, applicants must be residents of the state of Florida for at least 12 months prior to registration. Contact Seminole State's Admissions Office for details.
Day Law Enforcement Academy
|Day Program Details||Spring 2023 Schedule|
|Day Program is approximately 6 months long (770 hours)||Open academy start date is Monday, April 3, 2023|
|Times may vary according|
to instructional guidelines
|Monday - Thursday from 6:45 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with occasional weekend days|
|Day Program Details||Fall 2023 Schedule|
|Day Program is approximately 6 months long (770 hours)||Open academy start date is Monday, August 21, 2023 and Monday, September 11, 2023|
|Times may vary according to instructional guidelines||Monday - Thursday from 6:45 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with occasional weekend days (10 hour days 4 days a week)|
Interested applicants must attend a mandatory information session. The Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT) must be taken by those individuals who are nonmilitary or who do not hold an associates degree or higher from an accredited college or university before receiving a Law Enforcement Academy application. The interview, physical assessment test and selection process for the day and night programs takes place approximately six to eight weeks before the first day of classes. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis for qualified recruits.
Approximate Fees* (Day and Night Programs)
- Application Process: $151 + cost of physical (This is an accumulation of costs; there is no application fee for this program.)
- Tuition/Lab Fee (in-state residents): $2,807
- Tuition/Lab Fee (out-of-state residents): $9,280
- Uniforms: $733.33
- Books: $100
*Fees are subject to change. Financial aid is available to Law Enforcement Academy students who qualify.
- The Corrections Academy is approximately 16 weeks long (420 hours).
- View Admission Requirements.
- Times may vary according to instructional guidelines.
2023 Day Corrections Academy
- We are currently not offering.
Applicants must attend an information session and take the Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT) before receiving a Corrections Academy application. The orientation, physical assessment test and interview process for Corrections Academy takes place approximately four to six weeks before the first day of classes. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis for qualified recruits.
- Application Process: $145 + cost of application (This is an accumulation of costs; there is no application fee for this program.)
- Tuition/Lab Fee (in-state residents): $1,650
- Tuition/Lab Fee (out-of-state residents): $5,160
- Uniforms: $450
- Books: $100
*Fees are subject to change. Financial aid is not available to students in the Corrections Academy.
2023 Crossover Academy Schedule
We are currently not offering.
- The Crossover from Corrections to Law Enforcement Academy is 518 hours.
Apply for Admissions to Seminole State to vocational program (code COTLE-VC) and include the following:
- CJ-BAT for Law Enforcement ($39.00)
- Copy of FDLE Corrections Certificate or passing State Exam Results
- Employment Verification letter or Livescan Fingerprint process ($63.34)
- Official transcripts for Admissions
- Passport size picture
- Attend mandatory orientation and register and pay for classes
For more information:
Email or call Terri Rollins at 407.708.2187 or Patty Hoenig at 407.708.2299.
- Tuition: $1,600
- Books: $75
*Fees are subject to change.
- The Crossover from Law Enforcement to Corrections Academy
is 198 hours.
- Dates: Not currently offering
- Hours: Not currently offering
DATES: We are not currently offering the Crossover Academy from LE to Corrections.
*Fees are subject to change.