Educator Preparation Institute Certificate of Achievement
Your passion is to teach, but your degree is in another field. It’s not too late to become what you really want to be. Our EPI Certificate allows you to take your bachelor’s degree and become a certified K-12 teacher in just nine months.
- Child Care Center Management Specialization: Technical Certificate
- Early Childhood Education Infant/Toddler Specialization: Technical Certificate
- Early Childhood Education, Preschool Specialization: Technical Certificate
- Elementary Education Pathway: Associate in Arts
- Early Childhood Education Pathway: Associate in Arts
- Exceptional Student Education Pathway: Associate in Arts
- Early Childhood Education: Associate in Science
Getting Started: Fall Term 2021
June 14: Financial Aid
Aug. 16: Application
Aug. 23: Classes Begin
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and great value. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$6,538||$6,379|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,590||$11,088||$10,300|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$890||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2020-21 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 terms, with 15 credit hours per term for in-state students. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on information provided on each university's website. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Why Seminole State?
- Outstanding reputation: Seminole State offers a specialized teacher training program that is an approved state Educator Preparatory Institute for professional development and alternative certification.
- Industry-driven curriculum: Courses were developed with input from the State of Florida and Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS).
- Meets SCPS Induction Requirement: Seminole County EPI graduates are exempt from the Seminole County Induction process which is required for new teachers.
- Small class sizes: Seminole State's small classes allow more personal attention. Most classes have fewer than 30 students.
- Real-world projects: An internship and portfolio assignment allows students to be mentored by highly qualified teachers and to experience teaching students in local schools.
- Flexible Schedule: Online classes are available through the year.
- Free Resources: Tutorials are available to EPI graduates to help them prepare for the reading and math portion of the General Knowledge Test.