Upcoming Career Center Events
The Career Development Center hosts several events throughout the year to assist students with exploring majors and career paths, gaining experience, and educational planning.
Career, transfer and major fairs are large-scale events that provide students and alumni with the opportunity to meet representatives from business and industry who are seeking full- and part-time interns and employees. These events also give college recruiters a chance to provide information about transfer options and baccalaureate programs.
- Job Fair - Altamonte
Feb. 5, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Altamonte Campus, Outside Patio
Relevant Majors: All majors
Please visit the Altamonte Job Fair event page for more information
- Job Fair - Oviedo
Mar. 19, 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Oviedo Campus, Outside Patio & OVF 104
Relevant Majors: All majors
Please visit the Oviedo Job Fair event page for more information
Career and Professional Development Programs
In addition to large recruiting events, the Career Development Center coordinates a variety of programming aimed at providing students and alumni with opportunities to participate in career and professional development activities.
- Sustainability and Science Site Tour Orlando Wetlands, at Orlando Wetlands
Feb. 1, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus, Student Center, Room 173
*Advanced registration is required. Visit the event registration page.
- Career Tailgate
Feb. 21, 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus, SC-173
Please visit the Career Tailgate event page for more information
- Business Etiquette Dinner
Mar. 28, 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Embassy Suites in Altamonte
*Advanced registration is required. Visit the Etiquette Dinner registration page.
- JCPenney Suit Up
Apr. 7, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Seminole Towne Center Mall, JCPenney
- Career Center Conference
Apr. 19, 11:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus
Job Shadow Program
- The Job Shadowing Program, which lasts between one day and one week, gives Seminole State students the opportunity to explore a specific career field through observing and working with an employer host.
- Students do not receive any compensation or academic credit for this job shadowing experience, but rather they gain valuable firsthand information about a career field and have the opportunity to begin networking within that field.
- The Job Shadow Program runs on a flexible scheduling basis. As interest for a shadowing opportunity is expressed, we work to process the match and arrange a date and time. Students may participate in several job shadows throughout the semester.
- All currently enrolled Seminole State students are eligible to register to participate in this exciting program!
- For more information please visit the Job Shadow Program page.
For more information and a list of all upcoming events, please refer to the CDC online calendar.