A.S. Degree, Clinical Pharmacy Technology
The Associate in Science (A.S.) degree in Clinical Pharmacy Technology prepares students for a career as a pharmacy technician specialist. The curriculum, which focuses on management skills and knowledge of higher-level pharmaceuticals, prepares graduates for employment in hospital settings.
Students can enroll directly into the A.S. degree program or transition from the Pharmacy Technician Applied Technology Diploma (ATD) program.
A.S. graduates are eligible to apply for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Examination.
Why Choose Seminole State?
- Florida Board of Pharmacy-approved curriculum that prepares students for current job market demands.
- Training in current regulatory requirements.
- Experienced faculty who are committed to students' success.
- Exposure to current pharmacy technology and equipment.
- Convenience: Core courses are offered at the Altamonte Springs Campus; General Education courses required are offered on-campus and online.
- Low cost.
- Job placement assistance through the Career Development Center.
Graduates are prepared for entry-level employment in hospitals, long-term care facilities, drug stores, drug manufacturers, wholesale drug houses and health maintenance organizations. Opportunities for pharmacy managers are expected to grow through the year 2019. In 2015, the mean annual wage for clinical pharmacy technicians in Florida was $30,410.
Attend Info Session
Learn more about the Clinical Pharmacy Technology Associate in Science program and attend an information session.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for admission into the Associate in Science Degree Program in Pharmacy Management, students must:
All students enrolled in a Nursing or Healthcare Professional program with a clinical or practicum component will be required to complete a full background check with drug/alcohol screening. Students are encouraged to review the clinical facility requirements prior to beginning their course work. Before requesting and paying for background check services, applicants with concerns should email the health professions career program advisoror call 407.404.6004.