Nursing Program In-Person Student Safety Guidelines
Students enrolled in the Fall Term 2020 Nursing program will return to campus for specific lab and testing activities. CDC guidelines will be followed when students are on campus with student group sizes allowing for recommended 6-foot social distancing and adherence to safety protocols. Facemasks will be worn at all times, except when eating or drinking. Transparent separation screens will be available to separate students during campus lab activities. Thorough sanitizing of equipment will be completed after each use and the rooms will be thoroughly sanitized at the end of the day.
Prepare for your RN license by earning your Associate in Science (A.S.) degree in Nursing from Seminole State. Our program has one of the best NCLEX-RN licensure pass rates in the nation. In 2018, 98.35 percent of our graduates passed on their first attempt, compared with a 72.68 percent statewide average and an 84.56 percent nationwide average. In addition, our graduates have a 97 percent job-placement rate.
For the busy working professional, we also offer a part-time option for earning your associate degree in nursing. Our full-time and part-time programs seamlessly transfer into our RN-to-BSN program.
Seminole State's A.S., Nursing degree is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and fully approved by the Florida Board of Nursing. Our RN-to-BSN program is also fully accredited by the ACEN.
Why Seminole State Nursing?
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State offers a quality education at significantly lower costs than Florida's state universities.
- Convenience: Students have the option of a full-time day program or a part-time evening/weekend program designed for working professionals.
- Industry-experienced faculty: Our dedicated professors are licensed healthcare professionals.
- Seamless transition: A.S., Nursing graduates can easily transfer into our RN-to-BSN program.
- Job placement: Seminole State's nursing program is consistently ranked as one of the best in the nation and boasts a near-perfect job-placement rate for its graduates.
- Industry-driven curriculum: Our program was developed with direct input from Central Florida healthcare partners.
- Web-enhanced courses: All nursing courses are web-enhanced and use the internet as a means of communication. Students are required to view videos, submit assignments and review important notices using the online portal.
Visit the nursing frequently asked questions webpage for additional information for all of Seminole State's nursing programs.