Note: After you register, review your Due Charges (on your Student Center Menu under Finances) and note your payment due date. Unless you have accepted AND deferred your fee payment for financial aid, you will be dropped from all classes that have not been paid for by your payment due date.
Who can use MySeminoleState to register for classes?
Any current college-credit or vocational student may use MySeminoleState to register for classes and access their student records. Adult High School, Adult Education, ESOL, and Language Institute students and alumni may use MySeminoleState to access their student records only.
Students who have not yet been admitted to the College and community members can use MySeminoleState's Guest Resources menu to search the College Catalog or class schedules. To use MySeminoleState for registration purposes, new students must complete all Seminole State admissions requirements and complete the online orientation.
How do I register for a class?
- Log in to MySeminoleState. If this is your first time using MySeminoleState, you must create a new student account by clicking the Create New Student Account link on the MySeminoleState login page. If you have forgotten your password, click on the Forgot Your Login Name or Password link on the Login page and follow the directions.
- Check your "Enrollment Dates" to determine when you can begin to register.
- Click on your "Student Center."
- Click "Add a Class" under the Academics area.
- Select the Term under the desired Career (Credit Career for College Credit Programs) for which you plan to register. Click Continue.
- If you know the class number of the class you would like to register for, enter the class number in the "Enter Class Nbr" field. Click "Enter" and go to step 8.
- If you do not know the class number, click "Search."
- Select at least two criteria in the Class Search. Click "Search."
- Once you find the class for which you wish to register, click the Class Detail for more information about the class and important instructor notes about required supplies and mandatory orientations for distance learning classes.
- Be sure to click "Class Detail" for more information about the class including important instructor notes about
required supplies and mandatory orientations for distance learning classes.
- Click "Select Class" next to the class you would like to register for.
- Click "Next" to continue.
- Repeat step 7 if you wish to find another class to add to your schedule OR click "Proceed to Step 2 of 3" to continue processing your enrollment.
- Confirm your classes and click Finish Enrolling to process your request.
- On the View Results page, note the Status column for each class. It should read "√". Important: Classes that bring up an error "X" will not be added. Note the error under the Message column. Error reasons may include: you've already taken the class, you have a hold on your records, your test scores do not meet the requirements for the class or you have not completed the prerequisites for the class. If you believe this message is incorrect, please call 407.708.2050 for assistance.
- After you finish enrolling, go back to your Student Center and review your Due Amounts and Due Date located under the Finances area. Unless you have accepted AND deferred your fee payment for financial aid, you will be dropped from all classes that have not been paid for by your payment due date.
How do I print a copy of my schedule?
- Log in to MySeminoleState.
- Your "This Week's Schedule" will be displayed under your Student Center.
- To review and print your semester schedule, click on My Class Schedule.
- Select the term/career for which you would like to print a schedule.
- Click printer icon on your toolbar.
Note: You may want to filter your class schedule options to only print your enrolled classes.
How do I drop a class?
Please note: You can only drop a class before or during the Add/Drop registration period.
- Log in to MySeminoleState.
- Select the "Drop a Class" link under your Student Center menu.
- Select the appropriate term/career and click Continue.
- Click in the box next to the class(es) you wish to drop.
- Click the "Drop Selected Classes" button.
- Confirm your selection and click Finish Dropping.
- When the class has been successfully dropped, the Update Status will read "√."
To withdraw from a class after the Add/Drop deadline, you will be required to fill out a Withdrawal Form at your nearest Seminole State Campus.
Note: You cannot withdraw from a course online and will not receive a refund of your tuition cost. The course will be considered an "attempt" and a grade of W (for withdraw) will be assigned.
How do I look up open classes?
- Go to the MySeminoleState website.
- Click on "MySeminoleState."
- Select "View Class Schedule" on the Guest Resources menu.
- Select at least two criteria then click Search to see the results.
You will now be able to view all available classes/sections for a course. You will need both the catalog/course number and class/section number to register for any class.
How do I view my enrollment appointment?
- Log in to MySeminoleState. If this is your first time using MySeminoleState, you must create a student account by clicking on the "Create New Student Account" link and following the directions.
- Your Enrollment Appointment date is displayed under your Enrollment Dates box, in your Student Center menu.
- If you wish to view a different Term and Career, click details.
- Your Enrollment Appointment is the first day you may begin to register for your classes. Once you have reached your Enrollment Date, you can register for your classes via MySeminoleState or on campus from this date through the end of the Add/Drop period.