The Mathematics Department awards scholarships each semester to students who excel in math courses.
How to Apply
To apply, download the Math Department scholarship form. If you prefer, you can pick up the form from Julie Knott (Math Department, Sanford/Lake Mary Campus, Room F-210).
The application should include:
- Two letters of recommendation. Note: One letter must be from a Seminole State math professor.
- A transcript.
- A letter from the applicant expressing reason for application, financial needs and any community service or club involvement.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of two mathematics courses at Seminole State with one course being college credit. Students taking MAC 2311 (Calculus I) or higher only need one previous college credit math course at Seminole State.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.5 in their last two math courses and at least a 3.0 overall math GPA.
- The maximum tuition to be granted would be for three terms and would not exceed 10 credits per term (Fall, Spring and Summer). The amount of monies available and the number of qualified applicants will determine the amount of individual grants.
- Applicants must apply each term.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a math course during each term the scholarship is used and must receive a "B" or better in the course to be eligible to receive the scholarship for the subsequent term.
- The scholarship committee will make recommendations to the department. The department will vote on the applicants.