Fire Academy Admissions
Seminole State College's Fire Academy has new admission procedures and requirements effective April 2023. Please contact Fire Science with any questions.
Prior to admission to Seminole State's Fire Academy, students must have completed the EMT or Paramedic training program and are encouraged to successfully complete the State/National certification exam.
Students must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess good moral character.
- Must have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving perjury or false statements as an adult, notwithstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
- Must pass a medical examination based on NFPA 1582 without restrictions.
- Must have a valid Florida driver license or be capable of obtaining one.
- Must not use tobacco or tobacco products.
- Must pass the physical agility entrance test.
Complete Physical Exam
- Complete a physical exam (DFS-K4-1022).
- The medical examination for the DFS-K4-1022, including 12 lead EKG, must be completed prior to participating in the Seminole State PAT.
- The DFS-K4-1022 physical is valid for 6 months from date completed.
Submit Online Application
- Submit online application before posted deadline.
- Online application is located on the Seminole State Application portal (SSAP).