Earn your State of Florida Firefighter certificate at Seminole State Fire Academy ranked in the top five nationwide. Our cadets and graduates are men and women who are action-oriented individuals who thrive on the physical challenges of firefighting and saving lives. Seminole State understands their approach to learning and has developed a rigorous fire training program that emphasizes hands-on experience and quality.
The College's state-of-the-art regional firefighting training center features:
- A gas-fired Fire Simulation Lab used for structural firefighting scenarios.
- A quad-prop with a 100-square-foot pit, propane and diesel tanks used to simulate many different flammable liquid and gas fire situations.
- A propane-fired car prop used for vehicle firefighting scenarios.
- A four-story training tower used to learn and practice firefighting operations including hose work, forcible entry, ladder work, and search and rescue operations.
- A roof prop used to practice ventilation operations.
- Smart classrooms with Wi-Fi throughout.
Seminole State offers the following fire academy program options to help you earn your State of Florida Firefighter certificate.
- Fire Academy Career Certificate
This program is only designed for students who have either completed an EMT course, are currently certified as an EMT, or are currently enrolled in or have completed an EMT program at another institution.
- Fire Academy/EMT Combined Program Career Certificate
This program is only available for entry-level students who have not previously attended any EMT or Firefighter training and who need to complete all requirements to become a Florida State Firefighter.
More than 90 percent of Seminole State fire science students have been certified on their first attempt at the state examination.
Given Central Florida's population growth and the retirement of many firefighters, job opportunities will be plentiful in the next five years.