Seminole State College of Florida will strive to create an institutional culture of sustainability and a community of practice dedicated to the long-term social, economic and environmental wellness of our college and community.
Seminole State College of Florida aspires to become a model for the community, the Florida College System, and the nation for sustainability practices and environmental stewardship.
Facilities & Operations
- Sustainable Design for Building Renovation & Construction
- Energy & Water Efficiency
- Waste Mitigation
- Strategic Space Management
- Sustainability Mapped to Curriculum
- Experiential & Service Learning
- Campus as a Learning Laboratory for Sustainability
- Educational Partnerships with Local Industry
- Community-Based Programs
- Collaboration with Fellow Colleges & Universities
The purpose of the Sustainability Committee is to provide leadership in advancing college-wide efforts toward sustainability by discussing strategies and providing recommendations. These recommendations will focus on actions that have a positive impact on the College community by using economic and environmental resources efficiently and educating students, faculty, and staff on College sustainability practices.
- Sustainability Committee (Procedure 1.0900.21)
- Committee Membership 2020-21
- Meeting Minutes Nov. 16, 2018
- Meeting Minutes Apr. 19, 2019
- Meeting Minutes Sep. 18, 2019
- Meeting Minutes Nov. 18, 2019
- Meeting Minutes Dec. 2, 2019
- Meeting Minutes Apr. 3, 2020
- Meeting Minutes Aug. 26, 2020
- Sustainability Strategic Goals