2021-22 Strategic Plan for Title IX
Facilitate practices that support Seminole State College’s strategic goals by cultivating student success, providing an exemplary workplace environment, and exhibiting national leadership through effective College programs supporting Title IX.
- Communication of student and employee rights and responsibilities under Title IX.
- Training and education programs related to implementation of Title IX.
- Policy and procedure reviews that ensure compliance with all relevant guidance.
- Records of prompt and effective resolution to Title IX concerns.
- Communicate College commitment and programs to students, employees, and external stakeholders.
- Design and produce online and face-to-face training for those involved in resolving Title IX issues.
- Publish online resources for independent reference.
- Periodically report progress on this strategic plan to Executive Team.
- Review policies, procedures, and practices, updating as needed.
- Maintain partnerships with Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Disability Support Services, campus deans, Judicial Affairs, Campus Safety and Security and others to promote exchanges of information and effective services.
- Maintain template letters that recognize physical, mental, academic, and legal resources available to parties involved in sexual harassment allegations. Expand resource listings with accommodations such as switching to online classes or expunging late withdrawals following confirmation of assault; utilizing medical withdrawal, changes in workstation assignments.
Measures of effectiveness, from Strategic Planning Online (SPOL) system entries:
- Policy and procedure references are timely and accurate.
- Guidance for College’s first response to disclosure of sexual assault is updated annually.
- Guidance for students’ pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions is updated annually.
- Record of annual training supports communication goal.
Equity and Diversity/Title IX, 7.18.18, 8.14.20, updated 7.23.21