Seminole Startup 2020
To expand the experience of entrepreneurship at Seminole State College and to increase students’ knowledge of the skills needed for success in a competitive world, Seminole State's Center for Business, Legal and Entrepreneurship will host an exciting event this Spring Term: Seminole Startup 2020 - Entrepreneurship Competition.
The Seminole Startup 2020 - Entrepreneurship Competition gives Seminole State students the opportunity to create and develop an original business plan, with coaching from faculty mentors and the Entrepreneurship Advisory Committee, to earn cash prizes and support. Submissions will be judged by a panel of experienced entrepreneurs and investors in the business community based on criteria like product or service, market opportunity, marketing strategy, management team, pro forma financials and use of capital.
- Date: Thursday, April 2, 2020
- Time: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. (please arrive by 5:30 p.m.)
- Location: Marriott Hotel, 1501 International Parkway, Lake Mary, FL 32746
- Seminole Startup is open to all current Seminole State students, including students enrolled in the Adult High School and the Dual Enrollment Program.
- Students may enter the competition either individually or on a team. All members of a team must be currently enrolled Seminole State students.
- For further details, please read Seminole State Startup Competition.
- Business Plan Guidelines and Tips presentation
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)-Write your Business Plan
- Forbes - How to Write a Business Plan
- Submissions accepted via an online form from Jan. 20-March 16.
- Prizes awarded on April 2, 2020.
Prizes for the Entrepreneurship Competition will include cash awards of $3,000, $1,500 and $500. The winning entrants will present their proposals on Thursday, April 2, from 6 to 9 p.m. during a Business Community networking event.
If you have any questions about the competition, please contact Professor David Moradian at 407.708.2729.
Enter the competition
Please note: you will need your Canvas login to submit your entry.